Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-24-2010, 07:20 PM   #1
Grimm
DRM killer
Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ASUS Transformer Prime (Sold: Nook, Kindle 3, Nook Color, Nook STR)
Rooted, and downloaded apps, where are they???

I grabbed Angry Birds, Advanced App Killer, and Dolphin Browser HD but they are NOT listed in the "extras" menu. Also, is there a way to put icons on the home screen with the device rooted?
Grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 07:22 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
If you want to see them in "Extras" sometimes you need to reboot.

On the stock homescreen no, you can if you use a different launcher (home screen replacement). The method varies based on launcher.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2010, 07:23 PM   #3
Grimm
DRM killer
Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

See, that's the problem, I don't know a thing about different launchers. How do I install them? Hell, where do I find one in the first place?
Old 12-24-2010, 07:24 PM   #4
Grimm
DRM killer

And why does it ALWAYS ask me to "Complete Action" using softkeys or home every time I hit the "N" button?

Last edited by Grimm; 12-24-2010 at 07:26 PM.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:25 PM   #5
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Start with ADW, free in Market. I'll paste the steps for getting app icons on the launcher screen.

Edit:

So, to get app icons on your screen go to the list of apps within ADW. Look at the dock at the bottom. Find a box with four squares, tap it. This is called the app drawer. Find the app you want to appear on one of your screens. Give it a long press and it will be placed on the home screen that you're presently at.

Last edited by SCION; 12-24-2010 at 07:30 PM.
Advert
Old 12-24-2010, 07:26 PM   #6
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimm View Post
And why does it ALWAYS ask me if I want to use softkeys or home every time I hit the "N" button?
You'll uncover the method to the madness as you go on. It'll make more sense when you install a replacement launcher. Just take it in stride. It's a learning curve.

The purpose of SoftKeys is so that you can access menus within apps that may not be visible any other way.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:38 PM   #7
Grimm
DRM killer

ADW? All I see in the marketplace are themes when I search for ADW.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:39 PM   #8
SCION
Séduisant

Try ADW Launcher
Old 12-24-2010, 07:40 PM   #9
Grimm
DRM killer

Wait, I found ADW launcher. Ok, I think I'm starting to get it. I still haven't done the ADB thing, what exactly does it do?
Old 12-24-2010, 07:41 PM   #10
Grimm
DRM killer

SCION, thanks for your help, is there a way to get rid of that little gray arrow circle that SoftKeys puts on the screen? I'll try not to bug you again tonight lol.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:42 PM   #11
SCION
Séduisant

You need to have that (ADB) working for troubleshooting purposes and sometimes files need to be pulled and pushed from and to the memory of the device.

It's not a requirement if you don't mind doing a factory reset should you encounter a problem.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:45 PM   #12
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
SCION, thanks for your help, is there a way to get rid of that little gray arrow circle that SoftKeys puts on the screen? I'll try not to bug you again tonight lol.
I'm not sure. I have version 1.10 of SoftKeys and it doesn't use that thing on the screen. The auto-nooter gives you version 2.## which does have that. You would have to check the app settings and see if you can tweak it to your liking.

Someone told me that they can't uninstall that version and replace it with the older versions. It's one reason I'll be doing a manual re-root.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:48 PM   #13
Grimm
DRM killer

Why are you re-rooting?
Old 12-24-2010, 07:58 PM   #14
zeroh
Zealot
zeroh doesn't litterzeroh doesn't litter

Device: nook color
Quote:
It's the Run Service in the SoftKeys setting. Bring up the virtual menu buttons at the bottom -> click on the button with the tools icon -> uncheck the first box that says Run Service. Then back out and you shouldn't see it any more.
zeroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 08:00 PM   #15
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Why are you re-rooting?
I'm referring to the major update from B&N. Will unroot, update, and reroot.