Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-04-2014, 01:36 PM   #18511
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
I finished Something Rotten. Very enjoyable - I think that ~9 year break from the Thursday Next series worked well for me, as I'd started to tire of it at the time, and now it felt fresh and excellent again.
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:18 PM   #18512
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
I am currently reading Tribulation Force (Left Behind II) on my Kindle.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	force.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	117589  
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2014, 07:57 PM   #18513
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets & The Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Got to the half-way point in Dangerous Women and decided to take a Harry Potter break and re-read Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets!
I sure enjoyed my re-reading of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets over this holiday season!

Now on to an Amazon Freebie, January's urban fantasy offering from Kindle First, The Line (Witching Savannah, Book One) by J.D. Horn.

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:00 PM   #18514
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
You beat me by a long way. The oldest in my TBR pile is only from November 2003.
And you know how I feel about that!

Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 03:51 AM   #18515
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
And you know how I feel about that!

Well, one of my targets for this year is to read all of my TBR pile that I bought in 2003 or 2004.
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2014, 05:13 AM   #18516
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Just finished Paul Theroux's "The Kingdom by the Sea". I always enjoy good travel writing, and Theroux is one of my favourites. This book is the description of his 1982 journey around the coast of Britain, on foot and by public transport. Extremely enjoyable.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:05 AM   #18517
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Now on to an Amazon Freebie, January's urban fantasy offering from Kindle First, The Line (Witching Savannah, Book One) by J.D. Horn.

I chose that one too. Tell us what you think when you're done. It'll be a while before I can read my copy.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:29 AM   #18518
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
I agree. I really enjoyed 1632, and read a couple more in quick succession, but then hit one that I didn't like, and went off them for a bit. But I keep coming back, though I now know to avoid that particular author and subplot. She's just not a good writer for me. But the series is still one of my favourites.
Was this a "fanfic" book, or a co-authorship with Eric Flint?

I don't actually intend to read them all at once . But it has been a fun ride (nearing it's end as I had a good couple of hour's worth of reading time yesterday) and I will read some more of the series this year. Not sure if I'll go the fanfic route yet - there seem to be plenty enough to be going at just with Eric Flint's name attached. The challenge is going to be working out what sequence to read them in, or is it as simple as following the year 1632, 1633, 1634 etc.? Problem there is there seem to be more than one with the same date, and some later ones return to previous years...

Off to FictFact to see if that can help me sort it out.

Last edited by orlok; 01-05-2014 at 07:35 AM.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:06 AM   #18519
Dngrsone
Almost legible
Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy Tab A (2017), Likebook P78
Currently plowing through A Song of Ice and Fire again.
Dngrsone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:45 AM   #18520
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Just finished Paul Theroux's "The Kingdom by the Sea". I always enjoy good travel writing, and Theroux is one of my favourites. .
Very much agree. I have thoroughly enjoyed every one of his books. And I got to meet him at a book signing a year or so ago.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:35 AM   #18521
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
I have read most of the series and would suggest that you not read anything written or co=authored by Virginia DeMarce. This is just my opinion.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:36 AM   #18522
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
I have read most of the series and would suggest that you not read anything written or co=authored by Virginia DeMarce. This is just my opinion.
Apache
An opinion which I certainly share.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:43 AM   #18523
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Book #3 in 2014

My 3rd book of the year will be Steelheart (Reckoners #1) by Brandon Sanderson.

I'm looking forward to this one. This will technically be my first Sanderson novel, as I stopped about a third of the way through the first Mistborn book. I do plan on going back and reading that whole series, though. I liked what I saw in Mistborn, but I just wasn't in the mood, at the time, to finish it.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:49 AM   #18524
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Had Eric as co-author, but clearly not much of it was his. Virginia Demarce was the author, and having read others she was the writer on, or rather started them, I know she just doesn't work for me.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:54 AM   #18525
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
I have read most of the series and would suggest that you not read anything written or co-authored by Virginia DeMarce. This is just my opinion.
Apache
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
An opinion which I certainly share.
Well, clearly there is some agreement here. I have more than enough good books in my TBR that I don't force myself to struggle through something I'm not enjoying.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote