Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 03-25-2010, 06:08 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
What's the possibility of getting LRF books implemented on the PP?

I'm referring to NON-DRM titles, of course, which is what LRF means.

I realize it's an abandoned format, but one could argue that .Lit is also just about there.

Any possibility?

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 10:04 AM   #2
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
So Doc, what do you like about .lrf? I read it from time to time on my 505. Do you think it would render well on the PP or ezreader?
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 10:34 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidari View Post
So Doc, what do you like about .lrf? I read it from time to time on my 505. Do you think it would render well on the PP or ezreader?

Well, I've assembled almost 600 unique titles here on MobileRead.

Additionally, there are a lot of other sites that still have LRF available for download.

Don
Old 03-25-2010, 07:11 PM   #4
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

which three would you recommend the most?
Old 03-25-2010, 08:59 PM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Well, I've assembled almost 600 unique titles here on MobileRead.

Additionally, there are a lot of other sites that still have LRF available for download.

Don
They do convert to ePUB or FB2 using Calibre don't they? Why propagate yet another format when it finally got killed.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:58 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
They do convert to ePUB or FB2 using Calibre don't they? Why propagate yet another format when it finally got killed.

Dale

When I tried doing this, it messed up the graphics and removed the indents. Perhaps calibre is now more effective in doing this conversion?

Don
Old 03-26-2010, 07:59 AM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
which three would you recommend the most?

Which three file formats, or which three books I've assembled?

Also, please don't forget the thousands of other LRF titles here on MobileRead, assembled by other individuals.

Don
Old 03-26-2010, 09:56 AM   #8
hidari
MR Drone

which books would you recommend?????
Old 03-26-2010, 08:09 PM   #9
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
which books would you recommend?????
Tell me what kind of books you like to read, and I'll get back with a post for you.

I assembled a LOT of '50s noir fiction, a LOT of Fantasy, and a LOT of Literature titles for MobileRead.

Don
Old 05-02-2010, 08:36 PM   #10
hidari
MR Drone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Tell me what kind of books you like to read, and I'll get back with a post for you.

I assembled a LOT of '50s noir fiction, a LOT of Fantasy, and a LOT of Literature titles for MobileRead.

Don
How about 50's Noir fiction...it has been a while since I read any.....

Hidari
Old 05-02-2010, 08:54 PM   #11
rmm200
Groupie
rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Feel free to push for an obsolete, proprietary format to be carried forward - but I do hope you are also pushing Sony to update to current versions of ADE - which may fix most of your EPub complaints.

And complain about any other renderer shortcomings. I think the EPub standard is improvable but very good - just get the implementations up to snuff.

Robert
rmm200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 02:34 PM   #12
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
How about 50's Noir fiction...it has been a while since I read any.....

Hidari

I did a LOT of that.

Check "Mysteries" (or "Mystery") and filter for "Dr. Drib."

Don
Old 05-03-2010, 06:23 PM   #13
hidari
MR Drone

Will Do Doc, Ta for the advice....I take it I don't need a prescription before downloading the books....
Old 05-03-2010, 07:31 PM   #14
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Will Do Doc, Ta for the advice....I take it I don't need a prescription before downloading the books....
Absolutely not. All books in MobileRead's Library are FREE!

Don