Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-16-2009, 11:28 AM   #1
cremofix
cremofix began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS700
PRS 700 -arrange books in groups or trees

Hello folks

does anybody know, if it is possible to arrange the books within the PRS700 in a group or tree system. I now have about 20 book on my device and it starts to be a little bit uncomfortable to find one. Don't know how to keep survey if I filled both SD & memorystick slots with a 32GB card.
that will be enough memory for at least 200.000 books.
It would be nice to navigate throug the books by genres, autors etc. instead of the ABC-system.

please help...

mario
cremofix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 11:33 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i use calibre (a free library management, conversion, and rss feed aggregator tool ; see the calibre forum here) to create "collections" using tags and series info ; then, i can navigate through the collections (by genre, language, series, etc.).
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 11:42 AM   #3
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS700
Ditto! =) Calibre all the way!
Alphapheemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 11:52 AM   #4
cremofix
cremofix began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS700
thanks for the hint.
I didn't find this feature yet in calibre but I will try this immediately.
mario
cremofix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 02:07 AM   #5
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
if you use the Ebook Library software by sony, you can create collections using the + sign on the bottom left, Name it, than drag books from your library too it.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:16 PM   #6
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybaby View Post
if you use the Ebook Library software by sony, you can create collections using the + sign on the bottom left, Name it, than drag books from your library to it.
This is what I use for my 505 and I really appreciate this function. I can label my collections however I choose, and I only view by my collections vs the other available ways (date, alpha, etc).
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:28 PM   #7
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Just an FYI, I would take out the memory card until you need it. It can drain the battery, and I think it can cause some slowness.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:37 PM   #8
Rules.r
Rules.r began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-700?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Just an FYI, I would take out the memory card until you need it. It can drain the battery, and I think it can cause some slowness.
If the PRS-700 supported file movement between media within the front end then that would be a viable solution. Move book from card to storage --> remove media.

However, those of us with 1k+ books on the SD card are totally out of luck
Rules.r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:48 PM   #9
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules.r View Post
If the PRS-700 supported file movement between media within the front end then that would be a viable solution. Move book from card to storage --> remove media.

However, those of us with 1k+ books on the SD card are totally out of luck
But of course They said as of right now they only have 20 on it though.

How you can keep so many, I have no idea Even with 75 books on mine I get confused!
Old 05-26-2009, 08:07 PM   #10
thibaulthalpern
Evangelist
thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: my two eyes, KLiiK, Sony PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
But of course They said as of right now they only have 20 on it though.

How you can keep so many, I have no idea Even with 75 books on mine I get confused!
You have a point there. The PRS-700's management system for digital books is really rather poor.
thibaulthalpern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:36 PM   #11
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thibaulthalpern View Post
You have a point there. The PRS-700's management system for digital books is really rather poor.
Hey, at least you get to look at all of your covers at once!

I don't think it's too bad, considering what it's designed for (and that a majority of the users, at least who they've designed the product for), aren't going to carry that many books.

'Tis all relative. But seriously, how do you not get confused? Maybe it's just because I read too much, and they all have similar titles (darn romance).