Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-22-2021, 10:40 PM   #5551
Camellia
She / Her
Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
I have 287 unread books on Calibre (and that's not accounting for omnibuses technically being more than one book).

I'm banning myself from buying any more ebooks until Hallowe'en!
Camellia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 02:11 AM   #5552
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camellia View Post
I have 287 unread books on Calibre (and that's not accounting for omnibuses technically being more than one book).

Best of luck!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2021, 08:11 PM   #5553
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
So I've told myself I'm not going to start reading any new fanfics until I've caught up on all the ones I'm already reading.
Caught up on three fanfics. 19 to go, though admittedly most of them only have 1-2 unread chapters each.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 12:14 PM   #5554
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Caught up on three fanfics. 19 to go, though admittedly most of them only have 1-2 unread chapters each.
Actually, after making this post, I decided to see if there was a way with Calibre templates to keep track of chapters read.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-06-26 13_13_11-calibre — __ My Books __ Fanfiction __.png
Views:	130
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	187883  
Old 06-27-2021, 08:21 AM   #5555
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camellia View Post

Whoa, there! Let's not get unreasonable! Just ban yourself until July 1.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2021, 09:54 AM   #5556
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
After buying myself a $50 gift card to get the extra bonus points, I've bought 6 books in the last week. That takes me to 33 bought for the year, versus 144 read, so I'm ok with the sudden splurge.
Another gift card splurge has seen me buy 22 books in the last 6 weeks, taking me to 55 bought for the year versus 152 read. Time to get that gap back over 100
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 12:00 PM   #5557
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I did good and bad this month. Up until the James Bond special, I accumulated far fewer books/audiobooks than usual. Still more than I'm reading, but very close to breaking even. Huge discounts are my problem, but I'm doing much better restricting it currently to authors I already know and read. This month only 2 books were authors I didn't know (yeah, most of you know China Mieville, but Kraken is my first).
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 01:28 PM   #5558
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, as referenced in another thread, I just recently bought 450 books (already published) and EVERYTHING in the future, for the duration of my life - which could end before I finish this post (thank you to the member of my family who might have pushed the 'Submit' button); or it could end at some other moment. All this from one publisher.

Plus, the 2 or so dozen titles purchased from Amazon, and the 3 or 4 titles from Kobo. And one that was kindly given to me.

So, I have a lot of ebooks to read before I die which, as I said, could end at
Old 06-27-2021, 09:26 PM   #5559
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post

This reminded me of Steven Wright: " "I know when I am going to die because my birth certificate has an expiration date."
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 09:16 AM   #5560
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
This reminded me of Steven Wright: " "I know when I am going to die because my birth certificate has an expiration date."

I like that quote. I hadn't heard it.
Old 06-28-2021, 12:51 PM   #5561
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Quote:
About a month ago, I was in the hospital for a few days (thankfully, a suspected major issue turned out to be a minor transient one). At one point I clearly remember thinking "but I just bought a new cozy mystery and haven't even gotten it loaded onto my Kobo yet!"

Last edited by ownedbycats; 06-28-2021 at 03:14 PM.
Old 06-28-2021, 04:13 PM   #5562
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
About a month ago, I was in the hospital for a few days (thankfully, a suspected major issue turned out to be a minor transient one). At one point I clearly remember thinking "but I just bought a new cozy mystery and haven't even gotten it loaded onto my Kobo yet!"
That's a good reason to have one's favorite ebook with you - whether one ends up above ground or below it.
Old 06-28-2021, 04:32 PM   #5563
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Just reviewing my ebook additions for 2021 and at this time, I've added 513 books.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 05:06 PM   #5564
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
That's a good reason to have one's favorite ebook with you - whether one ends up above ground or below it.
My wife always said all of my books were going with me in the casket. I bet they wouldn't all fit though.
I wonder if she will put my eReader in there with me.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 05:18 PM   #5565
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Just reviewing my ebook additions for 2021 and at this time, I've added 513 books.
I am a mere grasshopper compared to you, O Master!