Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > Android Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-19-2010, 08:12 PM   #16
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Also keep in mind (or you will find out shortly) that the code examples are written for command line and ant builds.

You have to work some trickery in an ide to bring them in to use the Android IDE environment.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 08:16 PM   #17
jeffcobb
Groupie
jeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook, CoolER
I am pretty comfortable on the command line, never actually used Ant....but we will see. A little ADD has me watching The Matrix and fooling with my website...
jeffcobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2010, 06:30 AM   #18
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My study/learning has floundered a bit the last week or so as I learn the real features of my Droidx and am busy with a number of things......that ol' life gets in the way thing....
Old 09-24-2010, 09:34 PM   #19
jeffcobb
Groupie
jeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enough

Don't I know it Kenny; I got sucked into the project from hell this (or was it last?) week. Deathmarching already, next projected day off: October 29th. After that? Christmas. Meh. Writing a distributed, decentralized, learning combinatorial app-system to turn all of the desktop machines at work into a night-time server farm to calculate slot-odds numbering in the trillions of combinations per game per paytable. Sure, it *seemed* like a good idea when I opened my fat mouth in the meeting but....
Old 09-24-2010, 09:53 PM   #20
kennyc

Good Luck!
Advert
Old 09-25-2010, 12:45 PM   #21
jeffcobb
Groupie

Kenny: I can do it. The math is pretty much "canned" in a few files; I have written the framework to drive this sort of thing before so its not new to me either and actually gives me a chance to correct some....less than optimal shall we say design decisions I made in earlier incarnations. Aside from the pressure, the doubters and the fact that I am the only one who knows how it works (which means I gotta do it all myself and keep it all in my head), the part I like the least is the fact that I have to interface with some seriously crufty code to get it all done. On the upside, it gives me a chance to play with OpenMP (always worked with more invasive tools like Intel Thread Building Blocks and the dedicated multicore libs in PS3) which is fun. That said, I do not relish the idea of another deathmarch, no matter how cool/fun/whatever the project is. I gotta figure out how to make it fun or I will probably cop an attitude before its done/delivered. I am getting too old for this crap.
Old 09-25-2010, 12:48 PM   #22
jeffcobb
Groupie

I am bummed though after getting the excellent books you hooked me up with not being able to devote more time/resources to Android. This project is forcing me back down to the basement again conceptually. I was hoping to deliver my manga reader on Android by Christmas...
Old 09-25-2010, 12:58 PM   #23
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffcobb View Post
.... I gotta figure out how to make it fun or I will probably cop an attitude before its done/delivered. I am getting too old for this crap.
I know exactly what you mean.....