Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 10-28-2011, 09:46 PM   #1
RoxyJ
Junior Book Zombie
RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.

Device: Kindle 3, iPhone, ipad
Anyone else having trouble with YouTube

Anyone else having trouble with YouTube?
I'm trying to watch videos, but I keep getting the error "Sorry, this video cannot be played" or the circle keeps spinning.
Anyone else?

Also I'm having some trouble downloading the user manual. It keeps reading as a free preview, and asks if I want to download full version.
RoxyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:56 PM   #2
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
I got the message once when trying to start a 1080p video, but I hit play again and it worked fine. I think it might be its version of a timeout while trying to download the video.
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:02 PM   #3
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
I have watched several no prob.
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 11:15 PM   #4
easterncoyote
Zealot
easterncoyote began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle 3, Kindle PW, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyJ View Post
Anyone else having trouble with YouTube?
I'm trying to watch videos, but I keep getting the error "Sorry, this video cannot be played" or the circle keeps spinning.
Anyone else?

Also I'm having some trouble downloading the user manual. It keeps reading as a free preview, and asks if I want to download full version.
Roxy, I have the same problem trying to open the User Manual. Not a good beginning. I had to read it on my ipad.
easterncoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 12:28 AM   #5
cypherslock
Groupie
cypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Vox
Same problem here. Any suggestions? I know my wifi works because I stream HD netflix and boxee over it.
cypherslock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 12:28 AM   #6
RoxyJ
Junior Book Zombie
RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by easterncoyote View Post
Roxy, I have the same problem trying to open the User Manual. Not a good beginning. I had to read it on my ipad.
Lol me too
Old 10-29-2011, 01:31 AM   #7
cypherslock
Groupie
cypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of light

No one can get it apparently. All it does is download the sample. Which leads me to believe that the problem is something as simple as someone mixed up the files to begin with when they uploaded to the server. Roxy, any luck with Youtube?
Old 10-29-2011, 02:39 AM   #8
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
I had spotty success with YouTube. I watched a 5 min video with no issues, but then had a problem accessing a 30 second one. Not sure if it's because my battery is not fully charged...I will try again tomorrow morning.
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 09:02 AM   #9
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
YouTube seems ok for me; but I am experiencing download issues from the Kobo store as well. It's still trying to download titles from my library several hours later. There ought to be a way to "download on demand" and definitely a way to interrupt.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 09:50 AM   #10
cypherslock
Groupie

hmmm... With the exception of the user guid (which oddly enough I was able to get on my desktop, I've no issues downloading anything else, be it books or apps. Well, we DO have the product before everyone else and I must say so far I am impressed. I love the fact that I just downloaded the 300+ books I own from Amazon. (Had an old Kindle 2)
Old 10-29-2011, 09:56 AM   #11
RoxyJ
Junior Book Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypherslock View Post
No one can get it apparently. All it does is download the sample. Which leads me to believe that the problem is something as simple as someone mixed up the files to begin with when they uploaded to the server. Roxy, any luck with Youtube?
No luck. It seems that i can only watch videos that were shot in lower quality and/or have a smaller file size.

Seems I'm also getting some major light bleed. It's very noticable during night-mode.
Old 10-29-2011, 12:20 PM   #12
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I wonder what would happen if you downloaded a new copy from a market? I know you can't delete preinstalled apps.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 12:36 PM   #13
blacknirvana
Connoisseur
blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

I have had no issues with Youtube, tried several videos.

Last edited by blacknirvana; 10-29-2011 at 12:40 PM.
blacknirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 12:39 PM   #14
borisb
Addict
borisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it is

Device: enTourage eDGe, Pocket eDGe, Kobo Vox, Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Note
I had an issue with one random video, but when I toggled the "HD" button off it then played fine.
borisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 01:38 PM   #15
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Not working for me now...even after i downloaded my own copy of youtube...may call kobo about this. I was able to download an cheapie looking youtube viewing app from getjar and it plays them fine (quality blows...and cant log in to my youtube account). So it looks like the problem is with you tube itself. Iam able to log in and search...and i was able to play one video...now it just hangs till i force close...

Update: kept trying a few more times and got the pre loaded youtube app to work...i wonder what is going on???

Last edited by pokee; 10-29-2011 at 02:05 PM.
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote