Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-22-2010, 01:41 AM   #1
Stonecold
Connoisseur
Stonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 3 (B006)
Question Application programs?

Has anyone here made any homebrew application programs for Kindle (in AZW2 format, of course)? Does anyone know of any free homebrew Kindle application programs on the internet?
Stonecold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 01:46 AM   #2
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Look in the Kindle developer forum of this site :P
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2010, 01:52 AM   #3
Stonecold
Connoisseur
Stonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enough

Should I remove this thread then or can I keep it here?
Old 10-22-2010, 02:04 AM   #4
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
No idea. I'm not a moderator. I'm just pointing out to the developer forum where there are threads about homebrew applications like the Infocom text adventure emulator and how to write applications without the official Amazon KDK.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 02:46 AM   #5
Rinzwind
Connoisseur
Rinzwind began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G UK 3.03
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecold View Post
Has anyone here made any homebrew application programs for Kindle (in AZW2 format, of course)? Does anyone know of any free homebrew Kindle application programs on the internet?
We might as wel make this a topic with links

I know at least 2 that I bookmarked yesterday:

Mangle viewer (formely known as Mangle): manga reader.
forum https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=103359

KIF (by the same author): an infocom text adventure interpreter for the kindle
forum: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=101876
Rinzwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2010, 02:53 AM   #6
Stonecold
Connoisseur

Are those hacks or Kindle apps in AZW2 format like Triple Town or Shuffled Row?
Old 10-22-2010, 03:38 AM   #7
curstpriest
Confused
curstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle DXG
I think the amazon apps in the java container use some kind of digital signing. These require you to install them through jailbroken method they are not official apps.
curstpriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 03:49 AM   #8
Stonecold
Connoisseur

Can I download any of them from my Kindle's web browser (my K3 is already jailbroken) like I can with AZW e-books?
Old 10-22-2010, 03:55 AM   #9
curstpriest
Confused
curstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle DXG
use usb like the instructions say to
curstpriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 07:06 AM   #10
Rinzwind
Connoisseur
Rinzwind began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G UK 3.03
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecold View Post
Are those hacks or Kindle apps in AZW2 format like Triple Town or Shuffled Row?
I do not know what any of these 2 are but these 2 (mangle viewer and kfz) are hacks. You need the usbNetwork hack to install them.
edit: ah 2 games. No there are not the same.
Rinzwind is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apps, azw2, homebrew