Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 08-17-2008, 01:06 PM   #1
June
Addict
June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Oasis 1&2 and others
Hi from Scandinavia

I'm June, a proud new owner of a Sony PRS-505. A birthday gift - I want to give great big thanks to my sister who picked one up for me on her travels!!

I've upgraded the firmware and installed around 180 books/magazines on the Sony Reader and really loving it. Although I doubt I'll be "saving money on books" as I thought I would... been buying books daily since I got the reader LOL

I've been reading some on my Palm LifeDrive for years, but as you all know the reader is so much better, ecept I miss the built in light - very handy for reading in a dark room when trying to get the kid to fall asleep... I'm soooo tempted by teh lighted cover... hoping my sister will travel to north America soon so she can get me one. Or maybe I'll find an online vendor that ships to Europe... I can't imagine why Sony didn't include a built in reading light, ideally operated by a separate user-replaceable AA battery....

Now I'm off to read all (ok, not all, but many) threads here. Hoping to find info on how to convert my old pdb (Palm) files for the Sony Reader. I already managed to convert Microsoft Reader files, so this should be doable too adn I'm sure teh info will be here - this site seems an absolute wealth of information! Looking forward to getting to know you all.
June is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 01:46 PM   #2
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Hello June - welcome to MobileRead.

Nice to meet you .

There have been quite a few discussions on the issue, so you're not alone.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2008, 02:32 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi June and welcome to the Forum.

Go to this link (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9362) for more data on various reading lights for the Sony
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 08:08 AM   #4
ASC
ASC began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Also hello from Denmark.

I'm considering getting a Sony PRS-505...okay I'm desperate to get it!

I finally found a site that can ship to Denmark (www.play.com). But I'm wondering if it will give me problems with e-books in Danish?? Does anyone know? Do you have problems with Swedish books?
ASC is offline   Reply With Quote