Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 08-27-2014, 06:08 AM   #1
bhambhu
bhambhu began at the beginning.

Device: epub to pdf
Problem in book conversion

i m converting docx to epub in caliber and i got some issue in page title <title>Unknown</title> in head session..
i want set page title according to page heading just like my page heading is chapter first. i want this page heading set in <title></title> session.
Thanks
ramesh
bhambhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:09 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhambhu View Post
i m converting docx to epub in caliber and i got some issue in page title <title>Unknown</title> in head session..
i want set page title according to page heading just like my page heading is chapter first. i want this page heading set in <title></title> session.
Thanks
ramesh
Not everything can be done in conversion.

After converting, use the Editor ('T' key) and make those kind of changes
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2014, 11:56 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhambhu View Post
If you put the Title & Author into the DOCX Properties->Summary (Word Alt/F, E, P). Providing Read metadata from contents is checked, then when the DOCX is imported, calibre will extract the values and put them into its database.

Or you can extract them by selecting the DOCX in Metadata Edit Formats and hitting the blue circled 'i' button.

When you convert from DOCX to EPUB the Title value (eg 'blah blah') will be in the epub, as <title>blah blah</title>, it will also be in the content.opf file.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 08-27-2014 at 11:59 PM. Reason: typo
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 05:34 AM   #4
bhambhu
bhambhu began at the beginning.

Device: epub to pdf
<title>Unknown</title> in epub xhtml file or html file

Hi,

i m convert docx to epub but after conversion go to editor saw <title>Unknown</title> in all html(xml) file

i want automatic add title alue according to page heading when book convert in caliber.

converted html(xml) code
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" lang="en" xml:lang="en">
<head>
<title>Unknown</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"/>
<link href="stylesheet.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"/>
<link href="page_styles.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"/>
</head>
<body class="calibre5">
bhambhu is offline   Reply With Quote