Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 09-23-2014, 06:36 PM   #16
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
Alright, just installed CM11 M9. First thing I notice is that with CM10, sitting on my couch, my Nook HD+ had a "Fair" WiFi signal. With CM11, it won't even connect.
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 08:52 PM   #17
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinp View Post
Alright, just installed CM11 M9. First thing I notice is that with CM10, sitting on my couch, my Nook HD+ had a "Fair" WiFi signal. With CM11, it won't even connect.
Did you do a clean install (with "wipe /data & factory reset" while in CWM)?
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2014, 10:29 PM   #18
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
Yes, I did. Turned out, I just needed to reset my router. Still not a strong signal, though. I have noticed that the battery doesn't seem to last as long now. I'll keep playing with it to make sure it's not just my imagination.
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 09:59 PM   #19
catsknit
Addict
catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Samsung tablet, Kobo Libra, InkPad 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanCa View Post

One thing I noticed is that for large pdfs (50 MB) all of the readers that I've tried (acroread, moon+, MuPDF) are not very responsive. Sometimes it takes 2 seconds to flip a page. Unfortunately I didn't try this on the BN ROM, so I don't know if it would be different. I highly doubt it.
In general I am very happy with CM.

Thanks everyone for your comments.
I use repligo pdf reader and have used it on some very large pdfs with no problems turning pages.

Karen
catsknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 09:34 PM   #20
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinp View Post
I'm still running CM10 and keep getting notices that CM11 is ready to download. The SD slot quit working on my HD+, so I have to download it to main memory. Last time I tried to install it, my HD+ crashed during the install. Fortunately I was able to go back to CM10. Haven't tried it since. I'm perfectly happy with the way CM10 is running, so I'm looking for a reason to "upgrade".
PDFs were slower for me on the stock ROM, by the way. The HD+ isn't the speediest device around to begin with.
It should get faster on CM11 BTW, you may have noticed already. 10.1 didn't have TRIM support at all, because some Nook HD+'s had a memory controller bug that could brick the device if TRIM was used. 10.2 added in TRIM support, based on a fix that Google did for the Nexus 7s that had the same memory controller, but it wasn't turned on by default. CM11 actually has TRIM enabled, and it helps tremendously! My 16gb Nook HD+ went from so slow I wanted to throw it across the room at times to nice and snappy like it was when I first rooted it.

There's an app called eMMC Check that will tell you if your Nook HD+ has the buggy memory controller, but I don't think it matters any more. Apparently there have been no reports of bricked tablets after the TRIM fix. There's also an app called Lagfix (fstrim) Free that will do a forced TRIM of all the storage. I used it after I installed CM11 to get things going faster sooner. (I did run the eMMC Check first to be safe, turns out mine doesn't have the buggy controller.)
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
cyanogenmod, nook hd+