Notices

Old 07-03-2013, 08:31 AM   #1
laksathish
laksathish began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire 8.4.3, iPad3
Handle mathematical equations in native vector format

Hi All,

Nice to meet you all!

I am new to this forum and would like to share my knowledge as well learn from you all.

I want to include the Mathtype equations in Mobi format book, how can include the inline and display complex equation in Mobi with the same size of body text in a book with vector format.

Thanks,
Sathish
laksathish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:51 AM   #2
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by laksathish View Post
Hi All,

Nice to meet you all!

I am new to this forum and would like to share my knowledge as well learn from you all.

I want to include the Mathtype equations in Mobi format book, how can include the inline and display complex equation in Mobi with the same size of body text in a book with vector format.

Thanks,
Sathish
The only way I can see just now is to save your Mathtype equations as MathML expressions and after that, to convert them in SVG graphics with this converter:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/svgmath/

After that, you can insert the SVG images in your mobi projects and use them as you like. Of course, the SVG image are vector images, that is what you want.

Regards
Rubén
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2013, 10:09 AM   #3
DSpider
Evangelist
DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2 2014
Um, Mobi doesn't do SVG. They'll probably be converted to PNG by KindleGen or whatever.

Or you can go with KF8/AZW.
DSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:07 PM   #4
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpider View Post
Um, Mobi doesn't do SVG. They'll probably be converted to PNG by KindleGen or whatever.

Or you can go with KF8/AZW.
When I said "mobi" I wanted to mean the Amazon's new hybrid format, whose extension is .mobi but inside has both an old mobi file and a new kf8. Of course, the old mobi format doesn't support SVG (but kf8 does)
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote