Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-18-2011, 09:50 AM   #1
JustBrowsing
JustBrowsing began at the beginning.

Device: prospective Kindle DX
Viewing annotations/highlights from Dx on pc for editing purpose files

Hi
I bought a kindle Dx to help me with my pdfs and text files. Basically, I want to use the notes I have taken on my Dx on my pc for editing etc. I have tried two things. I have sent the pdfs to Amazon for conversion to azw which worked. On my dx I have highlighted passages and taken notes. I know that I can see these in the clippings file but I want to see them in situ within the file on the pc. I want to correct the original file on my pc using these notes, but they don't seem to transfer across to my kindle for pc application - it just doesn't seem to update. Also, I tried to use duokan; I can annotate directly onto my pdfs on the dx but can't seem to find a way to bring these corrections/notes across. I also have calibre installed but haven't found a way to use that to see my notes on my pc. Is what I am looking for possible or am I doing something wrong? Is the only option to parse the clippings file or is there something more sophisticated available? Any help would be appreciated.
With Kindest Regards
JustBrowsing
JustBrowsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:57 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
To the best of my knowledge, there's no way to do it other than via the "My Clippings" file.

Sorry!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2011, 10:02 AM   #3
JustBrowsing
JustBrowsing began at the beginning.

Device: prospective Kindle DX
Thanks, Harry. At least I won't be chasing my tail like a terrier! I was hoping to be able to at least use the Duokan to transfer the notes across (it doesn't appear to save changes into the myclipping file), but the .dkp file which contains the changes is pretty much gobbledygook and I don't have a duokan file format editor. Ah well, it was worth a try. Calibre doesn't work for most of my conversions from pdf to mobi for some strange reason.
JustBrowsing

Last edited by JustBrowsing; 12-18-2011 at 10:12 AM.
JustBrowsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:43 AM   #4
eLiNK
Addict
eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.

Device: PRS-505, KDXG
any one tried it yet?
http://code.google.com/p/kindle-annotations/
eLiNK is offline   Reply With Quote