Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-14-2011, 02:40 PM   #1
MRi
MRi began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Tags and the Sony PRS-T1

Hi!
I am using tags for all my books. A real nice feature of Calibre.
Those tags are also shown on my Sony PRS-T1, but it seams that are not in sync.

If I remove a tag group in Calibre, it is still existing on the T1.

How are tags synched with Calibre. Are only tgas synched when I transfer the corresponding books?
What happens if I create a new tag for an exisitng book, thats alraedy on the T1. Is this synched?
What happens if I remove a tag from an exisitingbook, is it removed on the T1 two even if I don't transfer the book?

TIA

- Martin
MRi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:12 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRi View Post
Those tags are also shown on my Sony PRS-T1, but it seams that are not in sync.

If I remove a tag group in Calibre, it is still existing on the T1.
In Preferences - Sending books to devices I set the Metadata management to Automatic management. When you connect your device (after the initial jobs run) the tags/collections should sync based on the info in calibre.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2011, 01:23 AM   #3
salines
Zealot
salines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enough

And if I surround a tag with [] this tag is not used for collection-creation (=this tag is not send to the device)? Right?
salines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:29 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by salines View Post
And if I surround a tag with [] this tag is not used for collection-creation (=this tag is not send to the device)? Right?
Correct.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:58 AM   #5
MRi
MRi began at the beginning.

Thanks for the infos! Specially for the Tipp with []... that was new for me.
MRi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
prs-1 calibre, prs-t1, tag