Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-30-2012, 01:46 PM   #121
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
"shipping soon" here too. But afterwards it will have to be forwarded across the Atlantic, so you will all have yours long before me...
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:52 PM   #122
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
I ordered my Paperwhite from Amazon, but called Best Buy just to see if they'd have it in on Monday and one person said yes, but another today said they didn't think so. So who knows. My guess is they won't have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
One of the many reasons I quit dealing with Best Buy was their inability to know what they have in stock, much less what they might have in the future.
I've had very similar experiences. It's frustrating.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:04 PM   #123
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad - Kobo Glo - Nook Glo - Samsung Galaxy Note II
Hey.. thanks all to the quick replies.. I will head down to BB today and talk with another salesperson.. but BB is sinking.. As a professional businessman myself I see some of their problems... the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing..
MrDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:05 PM   #124
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
I trust you saw my post 2 pages or so ago.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=104
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:11 PM   #125
wallflower75
Groupie
wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage/iPhone 6 Plus/iPad mini
*sigh* Do you suppose it's too late for me to change my shipping options in order to have my "not shipped yet" changed to "Shipping soon"? I'm trying to remind myself that I have fifty million things to do in the week before mine's due to arrive, enough that I probably wouldn't have much time for reading anyway, but...

*best Veruca Salt voice* I want it NOW!!
wallflower75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:08 PM   #126
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
wohoo.. got email from Amazon. It says has been shipped. It will be at PO BOx Oct 2. I also got another email about Paper White itself.

I'm excited ...
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:13 PM   #127
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek
NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: One of each, and two in some cases
Quote:
*sigh* Do you suppose it's too late for me to change my shipping options in order to have my "not shipped yet" changed to "Shipping soon"?
Wallflower, no! Don't mess with your order! Amazon usually treats that as a "cancel and re-order" and you may end with an even later delivery date..
NNolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:16 PM   #128
wrenn1
Addict
wrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kobo
I had chosen the cheapest (slowest) shipping method for my KB and it arrived (in Canada) less than 24 hours after showing "shipped".
wrenn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:32 PM   #129
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
Oh well. Mine will be brought by a stork. Next spring to Europe.
I will take bets who will be here first to post when you receive it. I can only drool.

Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:41 PM   #130
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoug View Post
Does anyone know if Best Buy will have the the PW tomorrow? I called and they said yes, then I went to local Best Buy yesterday and asked salesperson and he did not even have a clue.. he got on the computer and was still unable to answer.. wow.. Brick and Motar stores are in trouble.. anyone know?
Thanks in advance..
Doug
With Amazon supposedly having supply problems on these I last heard B&M stores wouldn't be getting them until the end of October earliest. Don't know for sure if it's true or not.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:22 PM   #131
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad - Kobo Glo - Nook Glo - Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
I went to my local bestbuy to preorder as my amazon shipment is due on 10/25. After everything was said and done, I ponied up $50 for a giftcard, and then the bb computer spit out of a date of 11/25, then the guy proceded to tell me that wasnt too bad as the paperwhite wasnt going to be released until Oct. 29 anyway.

Moral of the story is I dont think/know that BB is a viable release day place to get it.
I know.. ask 5 different employees get 5 different answers darn near.. I usually buy online but want to take a shot at Local store in hopes of getting one sooner..
Thanks,
Doug
MrDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:30 PM   #132
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoug View Post
I know.. ask 5 different employees get 5 different answers darn near.. I usually buy online but want to take a shot at Local store in hopes of getting one sooner..
Thanks,
Doug
You can order now from Amazon to have one in the system and shipping queue. Then go to BB and other B&M stores to see if they have them. If one does buy it and cancel the Amazon order. If not, you will get one from Amazon as fast or faster than BB will probably get them.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:33 PM   #133
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
My order status for the Paperwhite has changed to "Shipping Soon".
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:01 PM   #134
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
I ordered the PW with NO Special Offers. It still shows a delivery date of Oct 11.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:16 PM   #135
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
I ordered the PW with NO Special Offers. It still shows a delivery date of Oct 11.
... and mine still shows the 10th. I still think it will arrive earlier, but probably just a couple of days, not the week earlier I had been hoping for.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote