Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 11:48 AM   #61
MovieBird
TuxSlash
MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: GlowNook
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotiaBurrell View Post
is it consensus here that there is not a single new Apple technology that is wholly their own in the iPhone and or iPad line?
Can you point to anything that is not based on prior art?
Old 08-27-2012, 11:52 AM   #62
ScotiaBurrell
Banned
ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle & little green monster
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieBird View Post
Can you point to anything that is not based on prior art?
Lets try again. Are you saying not a single new Apple owned (and rightfully owned) technology is in the iPhone and iPad?
Old 08-27-2012, 11:56 AM   #63
MovieBird
TuxSlash
MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Lets try again. Are you saying not a single new Apple owned (and rightfully owned) technology is in the iPhone and iPad?
You're trying to vaguely cover everything under the sun. How about you come up with something that Apple invented wholly on their own, and we'll proceed from there.

It's easier to prove or disprove a single point, than a nebulous concept.

Last edited by MovieBird; 08-27-2012 at 11:58 AM.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:58 AM   #64
ScotiaBurrell
Banned
ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieBird View Post
That's a pretty vague question
Are you asserting that it is virtually impossible to find anything conceived and built and legitimately patented by Apple in the iPhone or iPad?
Old 08-27-2012, 12:02 PM   #65
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Are you asserting that it is virtually impossible to find anything conceived and built and legitimately patented by Apple in the iPhone or iPad?
Instead of repeating yourself over and over again, why don't you try to come up with something that Apple actually created without reference to prior art? Then someone can try to disprove your assertion.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:08 PM   #66
ScotiaBurrell
Banned

Nope.

There is a lot of this:

Quote:
the iphone rests on the shoulders of all previous smartphones. Apple improved what was there, but did not magically invent the smartphone.
What I ask is reasonable: are you saying that iPhone is entirely copied...or not? Did Apple invent anything...or not?

Say they did. Or say they didn't. Or say its likely they did or say it is likely they didn't. But please do not make vague assertions and then get angry when clarification requested.

I say it is very likely that there is new, Apple conceived and worthy of patent stuff there. Do you agree or disagree?
Old 08-27-2012, 12:12 PM   #67
MovieBird
TuxSlash

Quote:
I say it is very likely that there is new, Apple conceived and worthy of patent stuff there. Do you agree or disagree?
I can't know if I agree or disagree unless you tell me WHAT that new and novel stuff is.

So point it out.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:12 PM   #68
ScotiaBurrell
Banned

Ok. I understand your position now. Its ok. Thank you.

(that you don't think anything there is new (that everything is a copy) and would need someone to point out to you where and what new and novel stuff is).

Last edited by ScotiaBurrell; 08-27-2012 at 12:17 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:20 PM   #69
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Ok. I understand your position now. Its ok.
Can you or can you not point to a really new Apple innovation that has no basis in prior art? It is beginning to look like you can not since you are asking others to do your research for you.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:24 PM   #70
ScotiaBurrell
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
Can you or can you not point to a really new Apple innovation that has no basis in prior art?
I cannot say with certainty that there is or isn't, but I think its very likely though because Apple puts a lot into R&D.

But some here are saying that iPhone and pad are only a shined up copy of past gadgets. I ask if anything at all in it is new, and they won't answer, not even to say 'probably' or 'probably not'.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:39 PM   #71
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
For the most part, all aspects of the iPhone are improvements on prior stuff. Tablets existed before hand in one form or another (I have a tablet made in '04, and PDAs and such going back to '96). Even having a touch screen general purpose computing device in a phone form factor with phone capabilities isn't new. However, what the iphone largely has done, is push things farther than they'd been done before.

For instance, I cannot think of a wireless device that synced with the cloud automatically, and had built in support for that. Most required effort on the user's part in order to even set up backup, and usually they had to manually initiate it each time. Part of that, was due to the expense of data before the iPhone came along. Apple mostly lucked out with being able to do that.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:42 PM   #72
StephenM
Temporal Tourist
StephenM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StephenM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StephenM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StephenM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StephenM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StephenM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StephenM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StephenM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StephenM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StephenM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StephenM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo VOX
How about the status bar on the newer iOS versions? Oh wait. That was "borrowed" from Android. Of course, Apple will likely try to sue Samsung, claiming that Samsung stole it from them.

An the other hand, people now know that the Samsung phones are the same as iPhones, for half the price. Way to go, Apple.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:08 PM   #73
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, Honor 10
Quote:
I cannot say with certainty that there is or isn't, but I think its very likely though because Apple puts a lot into R&D.

But some here are saying that iPhone and pad are only a shined up copy of past gadgets. I ask if anything at all in it is new, and they won't answer, not even to say 'probably' or 'probably not'.
I don't think anything Apple does is ever new personally the hardware is generic components and Arm designs the OS is a *nix variant with most of the actual work already done by others same with OSX even iTunes is just a glorified apt-get software.

The only thing I think Apple did actually make from scratch is the phones case and even then it's pretty generic when the iPhone launched it wasn't able to compete with the features of other phones like the n95 so superphone it wasn't, I think Apples always been behind on the actual technology aspect.

Apple is also a company that stole the even the names of products iPhone belonged to another company they used it anyway same with iPad even the name Apple was stolen from a music company.

From what I've seen Apple really just takes everyone else's ideas claims them as it's own, ignores everyone else's patents/copyrights and even treats it's own customers as idiots. How they get away with this I'll never understand I guess it's probably due to all their paid blogging, sponsored sites, product placements and general marketing none of which works on me.

Last edited by Teknikal; 08-27-2012 at 01:13 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:18 PM   #74
vaughnmr
Ebook Reader
vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, HTC Evo, HTC View
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
For instance, I cannot think of a wireless device that synced with the cloud automatically, and had built in support for that. Most required effort on the user's part in order to even set up backup, and usually they had to manually initiate it each time. Part of that, was due to the expense of data before the iPhone came along. Apple mostly lucked out with being able to do that.
I'm not sure what you mean by that. My Windows phone would sync email, documents, pics, etc. to the cloud, and it came out the same time as the iphone.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:21 PM   #75
ScotiaBurrell
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
I don't think anything Apple does is ever new...

The only thing I think Apple did actually make from scratch is the phones case...

Apple is also a company that stole the even the names of products...

I appreciate your opinion. Others?
Closed Thread