Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-17-2011, 04:31 PM   #1
ymj60
ymj60 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
Couple of questions about new kindle touch

I have a new kindle touch which I am downloading my library to from my archives on K 2 . Do you need to leave connected to wireless while indexing? I want to transfer my collections . Do I need to transfer my entire library( 700 books) to it before I transfer collections or will it just put into collections what I have loaded so far? I am loading them in batches of 50 - 60 and then allowing time for indexing.
ymj60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 06:40 PM   #2
PG4003
Addict
PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW I & II, Kindle Voyage, Fire HD 7", Fire HD 8.9"
I don't believe you have to have WiFi on for indexing. One thing I do know for sure, transfer all your books BEFORE you transfer your Collections.
PG4003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 07:25 PM   #3
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
No, no wi-fi while indexing. However, plugging it into a power source is a good idea when transferring that many books in a short period of time.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 10:03 PM   #4
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
No, no wi-fi while indexing. However, plugging it into a power source is a good idea when transferring that many books in a short period of time.
Yeah, your battery will drop amazingly fast with that many books and indexing.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:18 AM   #5
ymj60
ymj60 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
Thanks for the responses. I did know I should plug it in while indexing . It doesn't need to have wifi on to do this apparently.
ymj60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:46 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ymj60 View Post
Thanks for the responses. I did know I should plug it in while indexing . It doesn't need to have wifi on to do this apparently.
Why did you think that it DID have to have WiFi on? Indexing is an operation that's purely local to the Kindle; where would WiFi be involved in the process?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote