Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-23-2013, 05:16 PM   #31
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silmarillion View Post
This has nothing to do with introversion or extroversion, which relates only to "energy" in social situations. If you go by the (completely nonsese) MBTI, thinking and processing input relate to the other three options.
and no the MB test is not complete nonsense.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:17 PM   #32
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
To give explanation to my earlier posts - I was having a bit of fun.

I am quite familiar with psychological personality profiles like Myer Briggs, and I'm Extrovert, Intuitive, Thinking and Perceptive (ENTP) on their scale.

But ..... I have great difficulty giving these sorts of tests credibility. I am quite capable on most profile tests of identifying what I think the assessor is looking for and calculating my responses to suit.

I guess that's what happens when you've done enough of them.

Also - I actually consider myself to be an Ambivert; which I gather, is someone who can adopt both the introverted and extroverted characteristics to suit their needs/moods/occasion etc.

Is there a chameleon character test
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:21 PM   #33
Silmarillion
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
and no the MB test is not complete nonsense.
The way the vast majority of society takes it (online), yes, it is. You need to sit down with a psychologist to properly experience it.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:25 PM   #34
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
To give explanation to my earlier posts - I was having a bit of fun.

I am quite familiar with psychological personality profiles like Myer Briggs, and I'm Extrovert, Intuitive, Thinking and Perceptive (ENTP) on their scale.

But ..... I have great difficulty giving these sorts of tests credibility. I am quite capable on most profile tests of identifying what I think the assessor is looking for and calculating my responses to suit.

I guess that's what happens when you've done enough of them.

Also - I actually consider myself to be an Ambivert; which I gather, is someone who can adopt both the introverted and extroverted characteristics to suit their needs/moods/occasion etc.

Is there a chameleon character test
Well the whole thing is really trying to boil personality down to four spectrums of behavior so absolutely you can be in the middle or maybe even off the scale or on a different spectrum.

I pretty reliably am INTJ but can also score INTP because I'm in the middle of the J-P scale.

There are also some abbreviated versions of the MB test that I'm sure are less reliable than the full battery. I've had both and several versions I believe.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:26 PM   #35
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silmarillion View Post
The way the vast majority of society takes it (online), yes, it is. You need to sit down with a psychologist to properly experience it.
I'm not talking about the one's in the back of Reader's Digest. I'm talking about the real test the psychologists use.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:52 AM   #36
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I'm having a party... and I'm only inviting all my fabulously interesting introverted friends. They'll be fighting for invites among the elite introverted social circles. Maybe I'll see you there!
I'll be a fly on the left wall near the bar

See you there

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; 01-24-2013 at 03:54 AM.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:47 AM   #37
jehane
Book addict
jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300/T1/Asus TF101
Quote:
I find most psychological/sociological phenomena extremely interesting, particularly introversion, mind/brain, Intelligence, etc. etc. I almost became a psychologist before moving into engineering.
A little off-topic, but you may also like:
Speed of Dark, Elizabeth Moon (high-functioning autist protag)
This Alien Shore, CS Friedman (whole planet of people with specific pyschological conditions)

Thanks for the reminder on this book. I watched the TED talk some time ago and found it fascinating - the book is on my wishlist but it slipped my mind until now.
jehane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:31 AM   #38
kennyc

This just popped up in my library download. I've had it on hold since starting this thread. Will get to read it now.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:18 PM   #39
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by xg4bx View Post
In real life I'm social at the bare minimum for daily existence. I like message boards because they allow me a measure of control over my social interactions. If I don't feel like 'talking' I can drop off the grid for awhile, no harm no foul.

Thankfully my friends also have a laid back attitude towards socializing so it's not unusual for a month or so to go by without even an email, yet we're able to pick up exactly where we left off.
Same here... and that's another INTJ checking in
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:47 AM   #40
ebook.lover
ebook.lover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebook.lover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebook.lover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebook.lover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebook.lover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebook.lover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebook.lover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebook.lover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebook.lover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebook.lover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebook.lover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
And the shy?

How are they classified?

Always introverts?

A person may be shy in new company, but boisterous and 'themselves' in known company.
The author dedicates at least one chapter to the difficulty of 'defining' a person as an introvert, just the 'shyness' is not a synonym for an introvert - it was actually quite an interesting read (although for my taste a bit too detailed/even technical for my taste, although that was to be expected if you look at the author's bio).

All in all, being an introvert myself, it definitely helped with boosting my selfconfidence So if anyone of you is after that, highly recommended!!!

Btw if anyone in interested, I still have 4 promo codes for the ebook, just message me.
ebook.lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:53 PM   #41
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
I just got this, prompted by the Social Reading thread over at General Discussions - it's next on my TBR list.

My husband is an extrovert, and loves parties and talking with strangers. I find large parties and strangers to be exhausting, and much prefer either on-line interactions or very small groups of close friends.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:16 PM   #42
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
I put it on hold at the library. There are a lot of people ahead of me so it will be a while. If I run out of patience I might pick it up at BoB.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:07 PM   #43
faithbw
Guru
faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Mini 2
I read this book last year. I like it. I thought it was a little on research but I think it's great for both introverts and extroverts to read.
faithbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:28 PM   #44
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Good post Kenny. Funnily enough, I just finished that book as an Audio book. One of my first ever:

http://www.amazon.com/Quiet-Power-In.../dp/B00714PZMQ

I scored INTJ on the test as well. Not sure how accurate this test is but it as well as the book brought me more knowledge and interest to the subject. I had only read the classics of Freud and Jung, so it was good to read a book more modern that dealt with a range of introvert/extrovert categories. I Think Cain made a good point of not trying to pinpoint Introverts or Extroverts and the complexity of the whole thing. The book was GOOD but it had a few moments that wanted me to gag on a spoon. That is the most polite way I can put it on this forum.

Never knew this was a popular book. I just got a rec for it on Audible.com.

Quote:
This just popped up in my library download. I've had it on hold since starting this thread. Will get to read it now.
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote