Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-25-2010, 10:32 AM   #1
galavanter
Zealot
galavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-books

Device: jetBook, iPod Touch, Kindle 3
Truman Capote's In Cold Blood $3.96 at Amazon

I just returned to the Kindle with the K3, and stumbled upon one of my favorite books of all time at Amazon, at what seems a ridiculously low price. I gladly paid $7.96 for it a year and a half ago for my original Kindle 1.

Buy this book... Read this book...

"A masterpiece . . . a spellbinding work." —Life

"A remarkable, tensely exciting, superbly written 'true account.' " —The New York Times

"The best documentary account of an American crime ever written. . . . The book chills the blood and exercises the intelligence . . . harrowing." —The New York Review of Books

http://www.amazon.com/In-Cold-Blood-...5424739&sr=8-8

Last edited by galavanter; 09-25-2010 at 11:10 AM.
galavanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 11:03 AM   #2
wandalynn
Addict
wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, Aluratek Libre
Same price at B&N. Saw it last night on the B&N bestsellers list so the lower price is having a positive effect on sales. Agency pricing publishers, please take note.
wandalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2010, 11:05 AM   #3
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Interesting. My dad told me once that he knew some of the relatives of the people who the book is about. He'd been taking me to a scouting event and we'd encountered a man who he said was one of the relatives. Naturally I didn't ask the man if dad was right or not.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 06:52 PM   #4
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Hey that's cool! I just finished reading this for the first time. Awesome book! I also went out and bought the 1967 movie made on the subject. It's creepy as all heck. Black and white, shot in 1967 in the actual house the murders were committed in. *creepy* It gave me goosebumps.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 08:33 PM   #5
galavanter
Zealot
galavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-books

Device: jetBook, iPod Touch, Kindle 3
Yeah the movie is top notch too. Robert Blake is amazing as Perry Smith, and the guy who played Dick Hickock (Scott Wilson, I had to look it up) is superb. Quincy Jones did the score! You can stream it from Netflix, but read the book first if you haven't already. The film is so powerful you'll never get the characters and images out of your mind while reading. I saw the movie first myself, and wish I hadn't.
galavanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2010, 01:48 AM   #6
notyou
Connoisseur
notyou can extract oil from cheesenotyou can extract oil from cheesenotyou can extract oil from cheesenotyou can extract oil from cheesenotyou can extract oil from cheesenotyou can extract oil from cheesenotyou can extract oil from cheesenotyou can extract oil from cheesenotyou can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle / Palm Pre / iPhone
Thanks - just bought it!
notyou is offline   Reply With Quote