Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-06-2010, 01:38 PM   #1
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Trook and Calibre2ODPS

I think I posted this in the wrong section, so posting again here:

Okay, I use Calibre2ODPS to create an HTML version of my catalogue, but would like to just browse using the trook and an online feed.

I've found that I need to point my dropbox link to the .xml file instead of the .html, but I can't get any links to appear in the trook, it tells me the different ways I could browse my books, but I can't get anywhere with them, no links etc.

Any help?
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:59 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Have you converted your books to one of the formats the Nook can handle (e.g. ePub)?

When generating the catalogs did you set the compatibility mode to Trook?

Note also that there is now a dedicated calibre2opds forum that has just recently been set up.

When he sees this message Dave Pierron might have some other ideas as he owns a Nook.

Last edited by itimpi; 09-06-2010 at 02:05 PM.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2010, 12:23 AM   #3
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the reply

Yes, they are ePub, yes I set compatibility to Trook. I'll check tha other forum out as well! I re-generated the catalog since I was using an HTML based catalog before, and will check it out when I get home from work in the morning.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:06 AM   #4
dpierron
calibre2opds guru
dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: iPhone, iPad, PRS-650
Hi,

Which version of Trook are you using ? The only version that I know which works is the "official" rev. 68 from KB Sriram.

Other versions (trook-fb2, or the "new" trook that Joshua Oster-Morris took over) may not work. In fact, the latter (Joshua's) is known to fail loading the local catalog. We're working together with Joshua to correct and enhance his version, which will become the standard later.

But for the moment, stick with KB's rev. 68...

Hope this helps,
David.
dpierron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:08 AM   #5
jhempel24
Wizard

I'm using Rev .68 of Trook, I can get the HTML version working, but Trook would seem so much more fluid I think.
Advert
Old 09-07-2010, 06:16 AM   #6
dpierron
calibre2opds guru
dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.

Well then, that's weird...
I never tested accessing an online feed with Trook (I use the local copy mode) but a calibre2opds user reported this problem exactly. That's why we introduced the Trook compatibility mode, and he never complained that it didn't work...
I'll check when I can (which may not be quick, because I'm working with Joshua on his version...)
Old 09-07-2010, 06:19 AM   #7
jhempel24
Wizard

My problem is that my only PC is a laptop and I don't keep that on, if it were a desktop I think I would be fine.

But I'm able to access Feedbooks etc with it, so I figured there was a way to access this as well.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:16 AM   #8
jhempel24
Wizard

Okay, so I went home and tried it out. I think deleting and re-generating the catalog was what did the trick.

I can access all of it now with trook.

What would be really cool, is if there were a way that it could put up th ebook cover images...although I think that may be a bit too much to ask LOL.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:58 AM   #9
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
What would be really cool, is if there were a way that it could put up th ebook cover images...although I think that may be a bit too much to ask LOL.
I think this is a Trook issue rather than a calibre2opds one? The generated catalogs do I believe include links to cover images if Trook is prepared to use them.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 03:02 AM   #10
jhempel24
Wizard

Yeah, that's what I was getting at...I know that you can export the covers for HTML viewing with it.
Old 09-08-2010, 04:52 AM   #11
dpierron
calibre2opds guru

You'll be happy to learn that we're currently working on Trook with its current maintainer, Joshua, and that we're having a blast adding new features.
One of these features is using the eInk screen to display informations about the book, including the cover.
Another is that the cross-catalog links (e.g. "other books by this author") are now working...
And a whole lot of other things.
Old 09-08-2010, 04:54 AM   #12
jhempel24
Wizard

Oh that sounds like it'll be incredible! I'm guess you mean when you click on the title, before you download the cover will show up on the screen right?

Keep up the good work!
Old 09-08-2010, 05:03 AM   #13
dpierron
calibre2opds guru

Yes, and also the summary, the tags, series, and basically all the info you can see on the book page in the HTML catalog. Plus, the cross-catalog links are displayed on the LCD screen, and you can now follow them to browse your catalog.
I love it, and I can't wait to make it public
Old 09-08-2010, 05:04 AM   #14
jhempel24
Wizard

Me either! LOL
Old 09-08-2010, 05:44 AM   #15
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpierron View Post
You'll be happy to learn that we're currently working on Trook with its current maintainer, Joshua, and that we're having a blast adding new features.
One of these features is using the eInk screen to display informations about the book, including the cover.
Another is that the cross-catalog links (e.g. "other books by this author") are now working...
And a whole lot of other things.
How about custom fields?

If you need/want any help with working with calibre's custom fields, let me know. I would like to see them supported in calibre2opds, so motivation exists.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote