Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 06-28-2010, 10:28 PM   #16
briwayjones
Beo Neo!
briwayjones doesn't litterbriwayjones doesn't litter

Device: Bebook Neo
I actually plan on Neoprene cases in the future. I'll have to look into Sorbothane, I've never heard of that before. Or like you say maybe I'll try using a layer of neoprene on the inside of my current case. I like that idea. It'll make it mostly waterproof. Thanks for the suggestions.
briwayjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 03:05 AM   #17
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Sorbothane is one of the medical rubbers used to alleviate bed sores. You can find it commercially used all over as shoe insoles, used as wrestling mats, etc. Anywhere that impact needs to be reduced. You can drop a raw egg on a sorbothane mat and it won't crack! I found a zipper case for a notebook computer made from the stuff and snatched it up!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2010, 07:44 PM   #18
briwayjones
Beo Neo!

Ok, here's a case for the Ladies. Handmade olive green polyester micro-suede case with embroidered Butterflies. Asking $27.99 plus shipping. Available for both 5" and 6" readers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	175.6 KB
ID:	54342   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3254-edit small crop.JPG
Views:	209
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	54612   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3255-edit small crop.JPG
Views:	221
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	54613   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3259-small crop.JPG
Views:	235
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	54614  

Last edited by briwayjones; 07-13-2010 at 11:42 AM. Reason: New pictures
Old 06-30-2010, 09:14 PM   #19
PG4003
Addict
PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW I & II, Kindle Voyage, Fire HD 7", Fire HD 8.9"
Those are pretty! I'm not in the market for a cover right now, I prefer book style, and already have 2 Noreves.

If I were you, I would still do something more feminine, maybe a print with some pinks/purples/blues in it. Keep up the good work, and good luck with your product.

ETA: Have you thought about selling on Etsy? Lots of people seem to do well there with this type of thing.
PG4003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:16 AM   #20
briwayjones
Beo Neo!

Thanks for the tips and for pointing me towards Etsy.
Advert
Old 07-02-2010, 08:37 PM   #21
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
I have been looking high and low for a nice cover for my lady's Jetbook Lite and lo, your thread has appeared to assist me.

I have shown Lori the embroidered cover and she really likes it!

Can you adjust the cover to suit a Jetbook Lite's rear battery bulge? If so, I would be most interested.

Cheers and thanks
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 12:42 AM   #22
briwayjones
Beo Neo!

You have a PM. We seem to like a lot of the same devices. I have a HP/Ipaq 110/111 Classic and a Samsung Omnia i910.
Old 07-03-2010, 03:03 AM   #23
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by briwayjones View Post
Ok, here's a case for the Ladies. Handmade olive green polyester micro-suede case with embroidered Butterflies. Asking $29.99 plus shipping. Available for both 5" and 6" readers.
They look very nice, but for 30 bucks the stitching needs to be straight and even... especially on the edges... There's too much variation in the distance from the top on the near edge than on the far edge.

I'm sorry to be so pedantic...

Last edited by lene1949; 07-03-2010 at 03:04 AM. Reason: clarification
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 03:54 AM   #24
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
They look very nice, but for 30 bucks the stitching needs to be straight and even... especially on the edges... There's too much variation in the distance from the top on the near edge than on the far edge.

I'm sorry to be so pedantic...

Being pedantic relates to being over formal and over concerned with the minutiae of language and expression (like this post!).

I think you are concerned with the quality of a product - about which I'm not sure it's possible to be "over concerned".
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 10:22 AM   #25
sabredog
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
You have a PM. We seem to like a lot of the same devices. I have a HP/Ipaq 110/111 Classic and a Samsung Omnia i910.
Thanks and replied.

Both are good devices, though the Omnia is being retired later this year for a iPhone. I use Mobilpocket on the Omnia and Freda/Mobipocket on the IPAQ.

The IPAQ was my mainstay reader before I got my PRS-300. I use it mainly for holidays away now.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:27 PM   #26
briwayjones
Beo Neo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
I agree! Something I'm refining the designs to improve. New cases are better.

Last edited by briwayjones; 07-04-2010 at 06:44 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:31 AM   #27
just_jeepin
Addict
just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
My OEM Sony Reader 505 cover clip is about broke so when it does I'll need a new cover but I'd only be interested in something in a book form (zippered is ok). Have you thought about doing a book style version with the elastic corners like the others do?
just_jeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:42 AM   #28
briwayjones
Beo Neo!

I have thought about book form and is something I'm experimenting with.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:18 AM   #29
sabredog

Just received the butterfly cover today for my wife's JBL.

I must say we are both very pleased and impressed with the slip cover.

Highly recommended
Old 07-24-2010, 06:07 AM   #30
Redfox
aka Anne Lyle
Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Ok, here's a case for the Ladies. Handmade olive green polyester micro-suede case with embroidered Butterflies. Asking $27.99 plus shipping. Available for both 5" and 6" readers.
Those are gorgeous - feminine but not excessively girly (much better than bright pink)! And the colour would look great with my green canvas Healthy Back Bag

I'm planning on buying a BeBook Neo as soon as I get paid - if I order a case from you now, how soon would it reach the UK? And what would the total cost be?
Redfox is offline   Reply With Quote