Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 04-22-2010, 12:14 AM   #1
nremondelli
Zealot
nremondelli is on a distinguished road

Device: none
32 GB Apple iPad

It is only two days old. Has a screen protector on it and is in new condition. I am selling it because I would rather have the 3G. I could take it back to Apple but then I'd get stuck with their 10% restocking fee and the money I invested in the screen protector. I'm looking for 675$ shipped and paypalled in the US.

Send me an email to nremondelli at yahoo dot com since I never really check this site often.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 06-24-2010 at 10:08 PM. Reason: OP returned the iPad
nremondelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:40 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Why would anyone pay $675, when it costs only $599 new, with free shipping? Did you really pay $76 for your screen protector?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2010, 11:17 AM   #3
dimsumham
dimsumham began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
I don't get this idea of "recouping investment"

Why should someone else pay for your mistakes?
dimsumham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:26 AM   #4
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nremondelli View Post
Send me an email to nremondelli at yahoo dot com since I never really check this site often.
Well, if you go to the trouble of putting an ad here maybe you should go to the trouble of dropping in on the the forum from time to time - then maybe you could also pick up some feedback on your ad!
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 12:18 PM   #5
nremondelli
Zealot

Umm. Then don't buy it.
Advert
Old 04-22-2010, 12:39 PM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You've not answered my question: why should someone pay $675 for your used iPad when they can buy a new one for $599?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 01:10 PM   #7
rock
Addict
rock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Nook, Astak EZ Reader Pocket, iPhone 3g, Droid
Taxes.

Here an Ipad after taxes would be close to 650 plus the screen protector.

Don't condone upping the price, but really that is a reasonable price considering he is giving free shipping unlike most people, and not selling it for a lot more.
rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 02:42 PM   #8
Exer
I see Russia!
Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Etch-A-Sketch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You've not answered my question: why should someone pay $675 for your used iPad when they can buy a new one for $599?
The free market is a funny thing, items sell for however much people think they are worth. 99.9% of us might think that 675$ is a horrible deal, but there might be that one person out there who jumps on it. It could also be the fact that these things are sold out almost everywhere, and even the cheapest 32gb model on Amazon is going for $749.00 (at the time I write this). Might be there is someone out there who doesn't want to wait, and just want's one now, whatever the price.

I ran into this same problem myself recently, I wanted a Boggie Board (the writing tablet, not the sports item) and it was sold out. I waited 2 months, and it was still sold out. Just as I was becoming tempted to purchase from one of the "resellers" -- who were selling it for 60$ instead of the MSRP of 30$ -- it finally came back in stock.

So, I was just about willing to pay double for an item that I just "had" to have. Not much different from some of the crazy things we all do, such as paying for overnight shipping on something we desperately want, when we could have saved a load of money if we were only willing to wait a few more days.
Exer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 03:00 PM   #9
rock
Addict
rock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Nook, Astak EZ Reader Pocket, iPhone 3g, Droid
But considering what he is asking, he isn't raising the price at all.

I am not sure what the taxes are like elsewhere, but if it was from my area, He is selling it for a DEAL!

Delaware with no taxes he is making a little more, but $675 shipped to get it now, with no waiting for stock is a deal. You have to take into account the taxes.
rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 06:09 AM   #10
nremondelli
Zealot

I don't owe the first three posters any justification or explanation of my price. Don't like it , don't buy it. But since this is such a controversy...

I could put it on eBay starting at 600$. I'm not trying to bleed anyone. I paid 640 with tax. Then the screen protector was 24$. Add onto that shipping it comes close to 675$. Now, you can argue it's not new because it's opened etc. But that's bs. I played with it for an hour. This is a forum; not an electronics store. You think it's too high, don't buy it; someone will and if they don't, I'll return it to Apple and suck up the restocking fee.

Some people really need a hobby.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:11 AM   #11
nremondelli
Zealot

Let me clarify. Adding on the shipping is how much it would cost me to ship to you. I'm not Apple-I can afford to not add it on to the price.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:09 PM   #12
cheerio6414
Addict
cheerio6414 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Still for sale? Still $675?
cheerio6414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:41 PM   #13
KindleKid
Zealot
KindleKid began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Agreed. The product is $599. The tax was for the transaction between you and the retailer. That's always a loss when selling second hand. If you collect that sales tax is it going to the state? Or are you just going it pocket it?
KindleKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 04:24 PM   #14
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nremondelli View Post
I don't owe the first three posters any justification or explanation of my price.
No you don't, but you have to recognize that some of the members of Mobileread who have been around a while and are active feel kinda protective of Mobileread itself and of other users.

It may well be that you are not trying to rip anyone off and someone might think it worth paying the price for your iPad that you are asking. But the questions raised in the first three posts were motivated by that sense of protectiveness.

Anyway, good luck with the sale - and better luck with your next purchase!
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 09:17 PM   #15
nremondelli
Zealot

650 shipped. You have until Wednesday; then I just return it to Apple.