Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-27-2010, 12:36 AM   #16
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
there are various html constructs that can cause different versions of Adobe digital editions to crash. An incomplete list is at the adequirks page in the calibre wiki (just google it) though most of those issues should be automatically handled by calibre. Nonetheless they will give you an idea of what sort of thing to look out for.

Then you can start hand editing the epub file, manually enabling/disabling sections to see what's causing the crash.

Oh and try running epubcheck, if you're lucky something it complains about may be causing the crash.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 12:48 AM   #17
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedz View Post
So, I finally have all my parts less than 260K but the book still will not come up in the nook. When I hit the open button, it flashes a few times and then goes back to the list of books.

Any suggestions of how to debug this at this point?

Thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedz View Post
I was able to load and convert a small html file with Calibre but I could not even load this html file: HTML 5
Now that you have your book in acceptable size chunks and I assume you have it converted to epub the problem may be the content of your book.

I took the html documentation for Beautiful Soup and converted it to an epub. When I tried to open it on my Sony PRS-505 my device promptly rebooted. I wasn't inclined to troubleshoot further, but I was able to repeat this. The ebook I created was full of code. Part of that code must have conflicted with ADE epub renderer software built into my device.

If you attach the epub others can take a closer look and see how it reacts on their Nooks.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2010, 07:49 PM   #18
pedz
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Oh and try running epubcheck, if you're lucky something it complains about may be causing the crash.
I'm not sure if you are interested but one error is:

ERROR: content.opf(9): date value '2010-03-30T00:00:00+00:00' is not valid, YYYY[-MM[-DD]] expected

I assume that date is coming from Calibre. I'm not sure if epubcheck is correct or not but thought you might like to know.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:19 PM   #19
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That's a bug in epubcheck and is most definitely not causing your crash
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote