Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-30-2009, 09:25 AM   #1
hapipiko
hapipiko
hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hapipiko can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: first iLiad V2 (now retired) Kobo touch, samsung galaxy tab
open source iLiad V2 easy to handle?

since i have heard about ePub format is not working on the iLiad V2, and since i heard from the guys from iRex they dont hurry to update this wonderfull machine, i was thinking to do it myself.
in april 2009 iLiad V2 is open source so i was curious if there is anyone who can help me with that...to make iLiad comapatible with ePub format.
hapipiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:54 AM   #2
hansel
JSR FFD2
hansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheese

Device: iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by hapipiko View Post
... so i was curious if there is anyone who can help me with that...to make iLiad comapatible with ePub format.
Hi Hapipiko,

Your plan has to aspects:
  1. developing software for the Iliad in general
  2. Let the Iliad support ePub format
I have no knowledge about [2] but...

If you have developed software on a Linux box before: these notes might give you a quick start.

The Irex sources can be browsed in full colour here.

H.t.h.

Groetjes, Hansel.
hansel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2009, 12:12 PM   #3
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
As to epub support, there is already an epub reader - FBReader for iLiad. You should try FBReader before creating you own epub reader from scratch.
If you are determined to develop your own epub reader, you can start from creating a C (or C++) based GTK+ app and using the SDK provided by iRex to compile. As to screen refresh, using xepdmgr will save most of your effort. As to controlling LED flashing and buttons on iLiad, they are already demisterified, too. So, the only thing left for you to do is concentrating on coding the epub parsing and drawing contents on screen.
I would suggest creating a general epub reader for Linux/GTK+ environment, and then add some spcific code to accomodate it to iLiad.

Last edited by ericshliao; 09-30-2009 at 01:03 PM.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote