Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-31-2013, 06:03 AM   #1
Nothingness
Zealot
Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura H2O Limited Edition
Question Cannot read new ebooks

I just tried to add ebooks, it had been a while since the last time I did, and I cannot access them. I have no issues with all the other ebooks I put on my ereader. I also have an external micro SD with my Kobo and I see it fine in Calibre and I've not had any issue with it.

When I go see the serie the ebooks have no cover and it says author unknow with buy or purchase (my kobo is set to French). When I press an ebook it gives me that error message:

"Error of charging the ereader.

Sorry, it's impossible to find a reader for that type of content"

I've tried to delete the ebooks with Calibre, since I cannot do that on my Kobo, numerous times and re-add them but no avail.

It's rather frustrating.

So I've been using Calibre to read them on my computer instead.
Nothingness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:18 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
That error suggests the book is a format that the Kobo doesn't handle. What format are they?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2013, 07:07 AM   #3
tempest@de
Fanatic
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, kindle
Some time ago I had a similar problem, the books apeared listed in the glo but when I tried to open them it only gave the option to buy, so I tried to delete the books in calibre, but the problem remained, in the end I did a factory reset of the glo and added the books again and problem solved, I think my database add some sort off problem.
Did you try to do a reset?
tempest@de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:59 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Before a factory reset, try logging out of the device. If it is a problem with the database, this will remove the current one and replace it with a new empty database. The sideloaded books on the device will then be added back into the database.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 11:34 AM   #5
Nothingness
Zealot
Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The ebooks are in epub format. I don't have issues deleting them with Calibre but re-adding them they still have the same error message. I tried reconverting them into epubs in case but that did not work too

How does one log out of the device?

How does one do a factory reset?

Last edited by Nothingness; 08-31-2013 at 11:49 AM.
Advert
Old 08-31-2013, 03:34 PM   #6
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Which Kobo reader are you using? Navigating to settings is a little different for some models. On Settings Menu select Acount. Signed in as: shows email address you entered when getting a Kobo Account. Select, SIGN OUT to log out of your kobo reader.

For FACTORY RESET: Navigate to Settings and Select Device information. Then select FACTORY RESET. This will remove all books on device main memory, removes books data base and remove any firmware upgrades. Does not remove books from external SD card.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:47 AM   #7
Nothingness
Zealot

Thanks for the help!!!

Signing out worked, and I've been able to read the ebooks in questions, and add some more, to test. The issue now is that now my covers are gone. When I go in my shelves and series the covers are absent, but if I open an ebook and go back to the Homepage after, the cover of that ebook will appear on the Homepage. Strange... Same for putting the ereader to sleep, sometimes it shows the cover, sometimes not.

Last edited by Nothingness; 09-01-2013 at 01:51 AM.