Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 05-08-2012, 03:56 PM   #1
AlexGrama
Writer
AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nexus 7
Subscription issue

I have a question. I managed to purchase some books via B&N through an VPN and it worked well. Then, I thought to make some subscriptions and I subscribed to some magazines and they appear on my nook with a white label showing [new] but if I click on it, it shows me the window as if I clicked [more] (e.g I have the options to share, review and more). Furthermore, I can't seem to open the current issue because it says that's the current issue and if I press [buy current issue] it warns me that I have it. On the B&N, on both the magazines with which I have the problem, it says that the next issue will arrive on late June.

In conclusion, I can't read the current issue. Is this normal?
AlexGrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:31 PM   #2
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexGrama View Post
I have a question. I managed to purchase some books via B&N through an VPN and it worked well. Then, I thought to make some subscriptions and I subscribed to some magazines and they appear on my nook with a white label showing [new] but if I click on it, it shows me the window as if I clicked [more] (e.g I have the options to share, review and more). Furthermore, I can't seem to open the current issue because it says that's the current issue and if I press [buy current issue] it warns me that I have it. On the B&N, on both the magazines with which I have the problem, it says that the next issue will arrive on late June.

In conclusion, I can't read the current issue. Is this normal?
Did you check if the magazines you bought are compatible with the NST? A lot of magazines are only for the NC and NT.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2012, 04:51 PM   #3
AlexGrama
Writer
AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nexus 7
Yes they are. If they weren't they'd let me to buy it and it would be labeled inside the Nook at: Everything else with an unsupported format.
AlexGrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:19 AM   #4
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by geertm View Post
Did you check if the magazines you bought are compatible with the NST? A lot of magazines are only for the NC and NT.
I think most of the magazines are compatible with the Touch, even ones that have enhanced content on the Color Nook and the Tablet. On the Touch they just appear as simple text, in an entirely different format.

I do not know if all mags are like this, but I suspect that they are.

For example, I am a print New Yorker subscriber. I am eligible for a free Nook subscription. It looks just like the magazine on the Color Nook, but like a VERY different text version on the Touch. I actually like the look on the Touch better. For one thing, on the CNook, these mags with enhanced content cannot be turned horizontally, so the text is often kind of small.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote