Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-05-2014, 09:54 PM   #6346
Mura35
Mammarella
Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-Reader, iPad
Um... how about converting pdfs to epubs and other formats in Calibre? Not the cleanest conversion, but at least the books are readable on other devices.

Sorry, if the topic was discussed before and I am repeating someone else. Too many pages to check to be sure
Mura35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:55 PM   #6347
Mura35
Mammarella
Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-Reader, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by TM78 View Post
Nope. I have the same ''problem''.
Same here. I won't bother with it unless it's 75% off or more.
Mura35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2014, 10:24 PM   #6348
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
I need to calculate the Use Tax for my recent purchases. Could someone please tell me if Kobo Australia ebooks include tax?

I also have to check on India and South Africa.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:30 PM   #6349
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
@fbone - we pay GST in Aus which is already imcluded in the final price of the bill.

What do your Aus receipts say?
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:39 PM   #6350
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
@fbone - we pay GST in Aus which is already imcluded in the final price of the bill.

What do your Aus receipts say?
The receipts say $0.00 for GST. I wasn't sure what to make of that.

Actually, after reading the tax rules I have to pay my full state's sales tax anyway. No credit is given for tax paid to foreign countries.
Advert
Old 03-05-2014, 10:42 PM   #6351
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You haven't been charged tax additional to the advertised price of the book.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:45 PM   #6352
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?

Quote:
You haven't been charged tax additional to the advertised price of the book.
Is GST added to your Kobo ebook purchases?
Old 03-05-2014, 11:17 PM   #6353
spersephone
Zealot
spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Voyage
I'm always charged a foreign transaction fee, but if I switched cards I could avoid that.
spersephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 12:07 AM   #6354
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Is GST added to your Kobo ebook purchases?
If the Kobo Aus shop follows the Australian laws for pricing, the displayed price includes the GST. And that has been the case for any book I have bought from it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 01:32 AM   #6355
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
If the Kobo Aus shop follows the Australian laws for pricing, the displayed price includes the GST. And that has been the case for any book I have bought from it.
Yes, I have found the same. The price shown includes the 10% GST.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 01:52 AM   #6356
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?

That's what confused me. So was I shown a different price than that of local Australians?

What price is shown for this title Fiendish Schemes?
http://store.kobobooks.com/en-au/Sea...endish+schemes

I suspect Kobo's email may be incorrect.
Old 03-06-2014, 02:00 AM   #6357
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
That's what confused me. So was I shown a different price than that of local Australians?

What price is shown for this title Fiendish Schemes?
http://store.kobobooks.com/en-au/Sea...endish+schemes

I suspect Kobo's email may be incorrect.
It shows as:
- List price: $16.88
- You Save: $5.49 (33%)
- Buy Now $11.39

That is while logged into an Australian account using an Australian IP address. When I logged out, it showed the same thing.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 02:49 AM   #6358
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

@fbone below is a photo of one of my recent Kobo Receipts.

The second photo is the book that you asked about and davidfor helped you with.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	receipt.JPG
Views:	223
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	119908   Click image for larger version

Name:	fiendish_schemes.JPG
Views:	215
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	119909  
Old 03-06-2014, 02:55 AM   #6359
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

Well I'm very pleased with myself I'm about two thirds through one of my very recent purchases and am really enjoying it. And I can assure you that I am very pleased about that because I bought two whole series: French Police series set in the 60's, and the espionage series - even though I'd never read the author before.

The author is Adrian Magson.

I don't know about you, but even though I knew I could 'buy what I pleased' I'm still very particular and attempt to make the 'right' choices!!

Well, I just hope that the rest of my choices turn out this pleasantly!
Old 03-06-2014, 04:12 AM   #6360
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
It shows as:
- List price: $16.88
- You Save: $5.49 (33%)
- Buy Now $11.39

That is while logged into an Australian account using an Australian IP address. When I logged out, it showed the same thing.
Quote:
@fbone below is a photo of one of my recent Kobo Receipts.

The second photo is the book that you asked about and davidfor helped you with.
Thank you both. Same price and email. That's means Kobo is not adding GST to ebooks. Perhaps, they aren't registered to do so in Aus.

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals