Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 03-13-2010, 10:14 AM   #1
bakura82
Zealot
bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Paperwhite
Unhappy (PRS-600) E-book Management: At a loss

I have a PRS-600 by Sony with touch screen. It came with the Sony Reader Library software and I also downloaded Calibre.

Sony Reader Library is REALLY problematic. I cannot get the syncing to work. It always hangs after a few syncs and I usually have to disable syncing or delete my books altogether and start over. When I manage them manually, I STILL have problems with uploads and such where it hangs and I don't know why. It seems to be PDFs or Word DOCs that cause it to hang, but they are supposed to be compatible! Whenever I am forced to hard reset or remove books and try again, i lose all my notes and highlights and such which is really upsetting.

Calibre on the other hand is okay. I can tag books to put them into collections and I can manage them. However, I can't see my notes and highlights which is frustrating. I am not even sure Calibre saves them at all, so I am afraid to make a full switch to Calibre. Not only that, I have one DRM book so far (most everything else are PDF articles). I cannot view that DRM book in Calibre. This is REALLY frustrating. Why can't I read it? I got it from the Sony store, it's mine, but I can't even see it.

I am really at a loss here as to what I should do. They make this so complicated that it's going to take years for people to seriously use eReaders on a regular basis. I am starting to have regrets myself...

Any thoughts on how to manage my books, view them, and see my notes and highlights all at once without the program I am using hanging/crashing on me?
bakura82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, crash, library, prs600