Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 11-10-2012, 06:42 PM   #1
JDRJ
JDRJ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Smart format library conversion help

Hello,
I am attempting to consolidate my library onto one computer in the house then run the calibre server in order to access the books while on the network vice plugging in my Kindle or the wife's Ipad.

My issue is that I have some books in epub format, some in mobi format, and some in both format.

Is there a way to have calibre scan the library and convert smartly the books that exist in only one or the other formats so that every book exists as both in epub and mobi format?

Thanks,
J
JDRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:05 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDRJ View Post
Hello,
I am attempting to consolidate my library onto one computer in the house then run the calibre server in order to access the books while on the network vice plugging in my Kindle or the wife's Ipad.

My issue is that I have some books in epub format, some in mobi format, and some in both format.

Is there a way to have calibre scan the library and convert smartly the books that exist in only one or the other formats so that every book exists as both in epub and mobi format?

Thanks,
J
I cant remember if the content server does the (on demand) Auto-convert?

Here is a search to find Mobi that do not have an EPUB of the same
Code:
format:Mobi and Not format:EPUB
ones you get an answer: Select All (ctrl-A), convert to EPUB (and probably go watch a Movie, get dinner depending how many hundred )

Move the Not to In front of the format:Mobi, repeat the steps, Convert to Mobi
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2012, 07:12 PM   #3
JDRJ
JDRJ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
you are awesome! Here goes 962 MOBI to EPUB on an old mac mini.
JDRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:36 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDRJ View Post
you are awesome! Here goes 962 MOBI to EPUB on an old mac mini.
Break out the fans, and a bowl of ice to put between that poor Mini and the fan :Wheeze:

theducks is online now   Reply With Quote