Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-01-2013, 03:32 PM   #1
CyKoDeLiC
CyKoDeLiC began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Kindlet Jailbreak Required

Hi there, hope that somebody could help me here.

So I factory resetted my Kindle Paperwhite, cause it was messed up, as I deleted Coolreader from it.

Then it updated via Wifi to 5.3.6, I downgraded to 5.3.5 and installed the Jailbreak, where Kindlet Jailbreak is also includet.

I then followed the tutorial to install Coolreader again, that went well, but then it only shows me the error sign.

I installed Kindlet certs manually, but that doesn't changed a thing.

What could be wrong here?
CyKoDeLiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 05:59 PM   #2
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
I don't know where you got that idea, but the Kindlet Jailbreak is *not* included with the device jailbreak. You can find it in the prerequisites zip in the KUAL thread, for example.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2013, 06:34 PM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
I don't know where you got that idea, but the Kindlet Jailbreak is *not* included with the device jailbreak. You can find it in the prerequisites zip in the KUAL thread, for example.
What might have confused the O.P. is that the Kpw paperwhite jailbreak install log shows the **Kindlet Certificates** as installed.

I am busy this evening "refurbishing" some used Kpw devices.
Just following the README directions and everything so far "just works" fine.

(That will probably change when I get to install some of my own button packages under the new KUAL-2, but I will fix and re-post those as I find them.
Our "lead" button list maintainer may be back here again, on a once-a-week schedule soon.)

Last edited by knc1; 08-01-2013 at 06:38 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:30 AM   #4
CyKoDeLiC
CyKoDeLiC began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Allright, thanks for replying. That was my fallacy. I got it working again Can be closed!
CyKoDeLiC is offline   Reply With Quote