Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 11-27-2010, 02:46 PM   #1
witch_wyzwurd
witch_wyzwurd began at the beginning.

Device: none
DOC to EPUB: Shapes > Line Tool

I'm using Microsoft Word 2010 to author a book and am planning on using the Shapes > Line Tool in Mic Word 2010 to box in words. Will EPUB devices be able to see the lines exactly as I have made them in my .doc file? The lines will wrap around stacked words in a labyrinth or maze style, so it's not just a simple box or straight line in one direction.

I have never made an epub file, so generally will any formatting in a .doc/.docx file convert to .epub?
witch_wyzwurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 06:20 PM   #2
Fabe
Dylanologist
Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.

Device: none/all/any
Quote:
Originally Posted by witch_wyzwurd View Post
Will EPUB devices be able to see the lines exactly as I have made them in my .doc file?
No, not at all.
Fabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 06:55 AM   #3
witch_wyzwurd
witch_wyzwurd began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks for the reply. Yes you are in agreement with another response I got over at Word Forums.

I could create the Word Stack diagrams in a Graphic program and save as a .gif file I guess. Do graphics position and look good on eBook Readers, such as Kindle or Nook?
witch_wyzwurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 09:26 AM   #4
Fabe
Dylanologist
Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.

Device: none/all/any
Quote:
Originally Posted by witch_wyzwurd View Post
1. I could create the Word Stack diagrams in a Graphic program and save as a .gif file I guess.
2.Do graphics position and look good on eBook Readers, such as Kindle or Nook?
1. Save each graphic as jpeg, 72dpi, quality <200. They will look fine on ereaders.
2. Position = left or center. If fine going in, they will be fine on reader. One caveat, some ereaders are in B&W and do not display color.
- Fabe
Fabe is offline   Reply With Quote