Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 10-11-2012, 07:11 PM   #1
xmlgirl
Enthusiast
xmlgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xmlgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xmlgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xmlgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xmlgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xmlgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xmlgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xmlgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xmlgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xmlgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xmlgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Question epub 3.0 with ncx, example please?

I'm working on my first 3.0 epub and having trouble with listing ncx in the opf as a backup for older readers. The idpf EPUB Validator says
Spine item with non-standard media-type 'application/x-dtbncx+xml' with no fallback
I have this in the manifest
<item id="ncx" href="toc.ncx" media-type="application/x-dtbncx+xml"/>
and this in the spine
<spine>
<itemref idref="cover" linear="no"/>
<itemref idref="book" linear="yes"/>
<itemref idref="toc" linear="no"/>
<itemref idref="ncx" linear="no"/>
</spine>
Thanks!
xmlgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:15 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I'm not sure if there's anything special about configuring a fallback ncx in epub3, but regardless ... I can't imagine that the ncx would be listed as an itemref in the spine—linear or no.

I'm pretty sure a fallback ncx is handled just like an ncx in epub2 --

In the manifest:
<item id="ncx" href="toc.ncx" media-type="application/x-dtbncx+xml"/>

and the spine:
<spine toc="ncx">
<itemref idref="cover" linear="no"/>
<itemref idref="book" linear="yes"/>
<itemref idref="toc" linear="no"/>
</spine>
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2012, 08:13 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What is your target audience for this ePub 3? There are very few apps/programs that will handle ePub 3. It might be a waste of time to work with ePub 3. Also, there is no indication that ADE currently will work with an ePub 3 with ePub 2 fallback.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote