Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 05-01-2015, 12:29 AM   #5836
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post

DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 10:05 AM   #5837
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Oh oh...

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2015, 11:19 AM   #5838
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool Fan art...

Old 05-02-2015, 07:14 PM   #5839
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Skin Game by Jim Butcher (Dresden Files #15)

Quote:
Skin Game (Dresden Files #15) by Jim Butcher [by Mark Chitty]

Harry Dresden, Chicago’s only professional wizard, is about to have a very bad day. As Winter Knight to the Queen of Air and Darkness, Harry never knows what the scheming Mab might want him to do. Usually, it’s something awful.

This time, it’s worse than that. Mab’s involved Harry in a smash-and-grab heist run by one of his most despised enemies, to recover the literal Holy Grail from the vaults of the greatest treasure horde in the world – which belongs to the one and only Hades, Lord of the Underworld.

Dresden’s always been tricky, but he’s going to have to up his backstabbing game to survive this mess – assuming his own allies don’t end up killing him before his enemies get the chance . . .

Let me tell you a little story. Going back a few years, 2009 to be precise, I read what I believe to be my first Urban Fantasy novel: Black Magic Woman by Justin Gustainis. I enjoyed it and it got me interested in the genre, and while looking around I discovered that the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher were highly rated by many. Based on recommendations by those I trust I picked up Storm Front, and I rather enjoyed it. I planned on reading the series at the time, but it just wasn’t meant to be...read the rest of the review here
Old 05-03-2015, 01:28 AM   #5840
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
This was a fun review to read - obviously a Dresden fan.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2015, 04:58 PM   #5841
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool True...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
This was a fun review to read - obviously a Dresden fan.
Yes, he is and seemingly, he's also quite a voracious reader!

Old 05-03-2015, 05:52 PM   #5842
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Ha ha ha...!

Old 05-04-2015, 12:06 PM   #5843
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
Quote:

I would totally buy this as a t-shirt.
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 01:52 PM   #5844
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:

My daughter, who is finally reading the Harry Potter series, found this to be quite amusing! She knows that I adore both Harrys very much.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 04:31 PM   #5845
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Another faux casting call...

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 05-06-2015 at 02:13 PM.
Old 05-04-2015, 04:49 PM   #5846
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh....

Guess who just started reading the Kate Daniels series....

I'm about 45% through the first book, Magic Bites. I like it, so far.

Curran sounds super hot, and Kate reminds me of Rachel Morgan from The Hollows.
Old 05-04-2015, 05:09 PM   #5847
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Ilona Andrews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Guess who just started reading the Kate Daniels series....

I'm about 45% through the first book, Magic Bites. I like it, so far.

Curran sounds super hot, and Kate reminds me of Rachel Morgan from The Hollows.
I read the first 5 of them as they were released...and I started the 6th one, Magic Rises when it was released. I hated it, considered it to be way too violent and much of that violence seemingly without rational purpose. So at that point I abandoned the series and the authors as well as I have no desire to try their series, The Edge! So, when you get into book 6, let me know what you think, ok?

Old 05-04-2015, 05:38 PM   #5848
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
I read the first 5 of them as they were released...and I started the 6th one, Magic Rises when it was released. I hated it, considered it to be way too violent and much of that violence seemingly without rational purpose. So at that point I abandoned the series and the authors as well as I have no desire to try their series, The Edge! So, when you get into book 6, let me know what you think, ok?

Will do. I wonder who influenced the direction of the story, Iliona or her husband. I think its cute that their pen name is the combo of their first names.

I just read The Edge a few weeks ago and I liked it. What I'm most waiting for, however, is her 2nd novel of the Innkeeper series; I loved Clean Sweep! She has released individual chapters of the second novel on her site, but I can't stand to read novels that way, plus I'm not a huge fan of reading directly online; it needs to be in my hands either via my Kindle or a paper book. I might read a short story online, depending on its actual length, if its part of a series, if its free (where as paper isn't) , and/or if that's the only option.
Old 05-05-2015, 12:36 PM   #5849
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Pentacles / Pentagrams

Dresden Pentacle Necklace with Ruby Corundum center.

Old 05-06-2015, 11:08 AM   #5850
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Jim on Twitter...

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 08-01-2015 at 06:46 PM.

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy