Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-13-2010, 06:28 PM   #1
amo
Teaist
amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Aura ONE, Android cell phone
Bad "free books" on Kobo site

I downloaded some of the "free books" off the Kobo site, some more of the classics which they've got from Project Gutenberg. A couple of them were absolute junk, had obviously been scanned in with optical character recognition which didn't recognize the characters. They're unreadable.
For your reading pleasure, I've attached a screen shot of the first page of "The Triumph of the Scarlet Pimpernel"- it's actually quite funny, in an annoying sort of way.

So just FYI- if anyone is into reading classics, you're better off going straight to Project Gutenberg than getting them via the Kobo site.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	scarlet pimpernel.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	193.7 KB
ID:	61167  
amo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 06:31 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Actually, amo, you are better off here, downloading from our own Patricia Clark memorial library.

Formatted by our own members, error-proofed and excess pages deleted.

There are thousands to choose from.

Click on the link below.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2010, 01:05 PM   #3
amo
Teaist
amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.

Sweet- thanks!
Old 11-14-2010, 01:45 PM   #4
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Yup, Amo. The choice of classics here is not as great as at PG, but they're beautifully presented by caring and generous members ... and there's still a list greater than you can get through in a lifetime. Cheers. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 01:47 PM   #5
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
You did download English?

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2010, 02:00 PM   #6
amo
Teaist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leep View Post
You did download English?

cheers
You mean the book? LOL- I thought I did...
Old 11-14-2010, 02:05 PM   #7
amo
Teaist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
there's still a list greater than you can get through in a lifetime.
I came to that conclusion some time ago, that maybe if I had about five lifetimes I'd be able to read all the books out there I want to read...