Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 04-05-2005, 04:08 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
palmOne Life Drive more pictures and specs

Waking up with an e-mail from Sammy in your inbox makes you forget the rainy weather outside. One of his readers submitted some more pictures and specifications of the forthcoming palmOne Life Drive.

If the specs are not fake, the Life Drive will include an on / off / hold button, a rotate button, voice recorder, five way navigation with improved fast scrolling, 4GB non-volatile Flash, built-in bluetooth and WiFi, 320x480 screen with better color saturation, best in class Office Compatibility, run by a 416MHz Intel Processor.

Price tag for this gem: $549.

PS: I am glad that major news sites such as The Register are finally acknowledging the main sources of Palm-related news. Go, PalmAddicts!
Old 04-05-2005, 10:45 AM   #2
Pride Of Lions
just kinda geeky
Pride Of Lions began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
It's getting better all the time. I'm mightily impressed and if I weren't so in love with the Zodiac2 form factor, I'd rush out to get one of these in a heartbeat.

As it stands, I just hope that these features inspire Tapwave to come out with something even more impressive for their next handheld. And if they don't, then these LifeDrive's will be mighty cheap in 2006, right?
POL9A
Advert
Old 04-05-2005, 11:32 AM   #3
hacker
Technology Mercenary
hacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with others

Device: Direct Neural Implant
It looks enormous and bulky, and from the mock-up sketches on Sammy's site, the same form factor as the Sony NZ90 "brick".

If you put this in your shirt pocket, it will surely drag your shirt off of your shoulder.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:53 PM   #4
Francesco
Aficionado
Francesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enough

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Touch
Is this for real?
Many people were asking for such a do-it-all device, let's see if it's a hit.
I'm drooling, but as hacker points out, it might be a burden on your pocket (hey! in both senses!)