Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 07-06-2012, 10:25 AM   #1
Oldy
Oldy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Mac PPC with Calibre and Sony PRS-T1

Kovid,
I have a question. I'm working with my Macintosh G5 PPC (X 10.5.8), not intel, so with Calibre 0.7.28. connected to a Sony PRS-T1.
Until now it worked nice. Yesterday, without any reason, the "Send to device button" did not show up anymore. "No device connected" is the message.
But the reader-device is mounted on my desktop.
Of course I can copy books to my Reader by transferring them with the mouse from the Mac to the Reader.
But with Calibre I could see the contence of my library as well as my reader.
So what could be the problem. The Sony device-plugin (1.0.0) is active.
Or do I have to install a newer plugin?
Thanks in advance.

Oldy (NL)
Oldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:23 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
0.7.28 definitely did not know about the T1. But if it has the connect to folder feature, you can use that to connect to your device. Click the connect/share button select connect to folder and choose the folder the device is mounted on.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2012, 02:17 PM   #3
TonyKZ1
TonyKZ1 began at the beginning.

Device: iRiver Story HD
I've a similar issue with my PPC G5 Tower, Mac OS X 10.4.11, Calibre 0.7.28 and my iRiver Story HD. It has the iRiver Story plugin for the ereader but it won't show up in Calibre. It does mount on my desktop though. No chance of any updates for the PPC versions?
Tony
TonyKZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:06 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No .
Old 07-06-2012, 03:16 PM   #5
TonyKZ1
TonyKZ1 began at the beginning.

Device: iRiver Story HD
Okay, so much for an update then, nice short answer too..... I assume even though it's got the plugin for the reader I have to do like the original poster above and "Click the connect/share button select connect to folder and choose the folder the device is mounted on."
Tony
TonyKZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2012, 03:17 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Yes .
Old 07-07-2012, 01:57 PM   #7
Oldy

Kovid,
Thank you for your quick help. When I choose the folder (my book librairy on the HD) with the connect button the "Send to device" button shows up. So your tip worked good for me.

Oldy
Old 07-07-2012, 02:06 PM   #8
Oldy

Still better:
With connect I search the Reader on my desktop; then I search in the Sony folder the Books folder and choose that folder. Calibre shows up a (for me new) button: Device as well as the Send to button. Nice.
Thanks again.

Tags
calibre 7.28, mac ppc, sony prs-t1