Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-31-2011, 04:15 AM   #1
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer
arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire, iPad, iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350
Bargain (Kindle) Hawk of May by Gillian Bradshaw ($1.59) Arthurian Legend

Hawk of May by Gillian Bradshaw, a retelling of the Arthur legend, is discounted to $1.59 at the US Kindle store (B&N still has it listed as $9.99, but since this is published by Sourcebooks, maybe the price will also go down there)

Quote:
Product Description

Winner of the Hopwood Award

On The Path Toward Greatness, Every Hero Makes a Choice

Legends sing of Sir Gawain, one of the most respected warriors of King Arthur’s reign and one of the greatest champions of all time. But this is not that story. This is the story of Gwalchmai, middle son of the beautiful, infinitely evil sorceress Morgawse, and gifted student of her dark magical arts. A story of an uncertain man, doubting his ability to follow his elder brother’s warrior prowess and seeking to find his own identity by bonding with his frightening and powerful mother. Disappointed in himself and despised by his father, Gwalchmai sets out on a journey that will lead him to the brink of darkness…

A tale of loss, redemption, and adventure, Hawk of May brings new depth and understanding to Sir Gawain, the legend of King Arthur, and the impact of choices made—and the consequences that follow.
arcadata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:09 AM   #2
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
It's a good book, I read it when it first came out about 30 years ago.

What annoys me is the regular price - $9.99 is too much for the eBook of books that were in paperback thirty years ago. I'd go with five or six bucks tops for these reissues - even the $8.99 some houses are doing is too much.

This is a book you can buy used on Amazon for $0.01 for Thor's sake!
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2011, 09:55 AM   #3
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
This is such a good book--I own 1 paperback copy and 1 hardback copy (picked them up used, cheap, though)--I think I might just buy the e-book too, since the price is so low.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 02:05 PM   #4
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Also @ Kobo for 1.59 for Canadians and 1.79 for US people. With their $1 off coupon on the website frontpage which should be good through today, this took it down to a mere 66 cents for me, including taxes.

If you search for "Sourcebooks" and sort by price, you'll see a few more of the discounted Arthurian titles Sourcebooks is pushing in this week's e-book promos.

ETA: The Persia Woolley book was previously offered free from Sourcebooks last year, so you might want to check if you picked it up then, just in case.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 05:19 PM   #5
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
I wish I had of that before I grabbed it at Amazon ...
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2011, 05:38 PM   #6
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Well, at least you have a syncable version on your preferred device which will remember your reading position and notes?

If the coupon's still working and you haven't yet gotten it, Anne Eliot Crompton's Percival's Angels (3rd in series started with Merlin's Harp which was freebied last year) is another one of the four books discounted to < $1.99 in various outlets during Sourcebooks' Arthurian sale, according to the newsletter.

It looks like a completely brand-new book (e-published just this March) and I'm guessing they're price-dropping this one to push sales of the earlier ones?

Not that I have any objections to this hypothetical marketing strategy.

If they start offering more of their backlist for $1.99 or less, I'm happy to buy them up as long as the plot/setting sounds interesting and the writing seems reasonably competent and I can coupon them down to a further cheapness like unto dirt at Kobo.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 06:27 PM   #7
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
I wish I had of that before I grabbed it at Amazon ...
I now wait a day or two before downloading. Allows for the other stores to adjust their prices.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:09 PM   #8
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Well, at least you have a syncable version on your preferred device which will remember your reading position and notes?
Thanks ... I think.

I'll look at the other title, though my credit card sometimes has fits over using it for ebooks. Even my Amazon card got flagged this week (either by Amazon purchases or B&N "$0.01 authorizations", I'm sure) and I had to call and tell them that yes, all those 99 cent and lower purchases were fine (oddly, they balked at a greenhouse purchase and the grocery store, but let a purchase at Border's and a restaurant go thru without a hitch in between the two that were declined -- hopefully it is all fixed now, but I need to go get an Amazon gift card to limit the number of transactions).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 03:01 PM   #9
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
Also available for 1.99 from Omnilit
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote