Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 02-02-2012, 06:41 AM   #211
mrspaceman
Lurker in the Dark
mrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to behold

Device: Asus Transformer Prime, Sony PRS-T1, HTC Sensation
thank you for the donations, once I get halfway to the cost, I will order a Nook.

thanks again.

Last edited by mrspaceman; 02-02-2012 at 07:56 AM.
mrspaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:25 AM   #212
met67
Connoisseur
met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspaceman View Post
thank you for the donations, once I get halfway to the cost, I will order a Nook.

thanks again.
15 pounds on your way
met67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:33 AM   #213
mrspaceman
Lurker in the Dark
mrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to behold

I've had another donation, but I don't know if it's a vote for Sony or Nook ?
Old 02-23-2012, 03:36 AM   #214
mrspaceman
Lurker in the Dark

First general release (0.1.0.00) which runs on both the Nook and Sony is now available on my google code page.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:04 AM   #215
ewandeep
Zealot
ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Sony PRS-T1 Sony PRS-350 Nook Touch Glow
I just donated.
I am for Sony (I also have a nook), but I support improvement for Sony.
ewandeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:05 PM   #216
MisterNo
MisterNo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Maybe a bug:

Selecting the Apps button on main screen of 0.1.0.01 crashes the application
The device is a rooted sony prs-t1 , italian language selected

Running an app from page 2 works normally
MisterNo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:49 AM   #217
samy2
Ebook-Fan
samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNo View Post
Maybe a bug:

Selecting the Apps button on main screen of 0.1.0.01 crashes the application
The device is a rooted sony prs-t1 , italian language selected

Running an app from page 2 works normally

Me too:

1. Appdrawer crashes
2. Collections (Tags) does not work, neither on the Main-Screen (i can select an collection, but it shows nothing on the screen) nor on the "Collecitons" Button.. There will be Collections showed but no Books inside...

Latest Firmware (1.04)...

Okay, 2. Bug is already here:
https://code.google.com/p/sonyprst1h...y=&sort=&id=42

Thank you for fixing!!

Last edited by samy2; 02-29-2012 at 02:21 PM.
samy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:26 AM   #218
knireis
knireis began at the beginning.

Device: ipaq 2210
donation

i made a donation as well and vote for the sony development
knireis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:03 AM   #219
knireis

I get following error when starting the app:

Database [/mnt/sdcard/Sony_Reader/database/books.db] failed to open.

I think this happened after i upload a book with calibre. My pc is running linux mint and i have latest calibre and ebooklauncher installed.
Any suggestions?
Old 03-03-2012, 12:52 PM   #220
Thor
Thor will become famous soon enoughThor will become famous soon enoughThor will become famous soon enoughThor will become famous soon enoughThor will become famous soon enoughThor will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
If the books.db database is broken you can delete the file and the reader builds a new one after a reboot. I have found that I must disconnect the reader within calibre before disconnecting from the pc (click on the reader symbol and choose "remove") then I have no corrupt databases anymore. This is under windows but I think that this behaviour is the same under linux.
Thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:59 PM   #221
knireis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
If the books.db database is broken you can delete the file and the reader builds a new one after a reboot. I have found that I must disconnect the reader within calibre before disconnecting from the pc (click on the reader symbol and choose "remove") then I have no corrupt databases anymore. This is under windows but I think that this behaviour is the same under linux.
thanks, I'll try that
Old 07-29-2012, 06:32 AM   #222
gr1mr34p3r
gr1mr34p3r began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by knireis View Post
I get following error when starting the app:

Database [/mnt/sdcard/Sony_Reader/database/books.db] failed to open.

I think this happened after i upload a book with calibre. My pc is running linux mint and i have latest calibre and ebooklauncher installed.
Any suggestions?
I had this problem too, which was possibly caused by me setting Calibre's metadata management to "automatic management" (in Preferences > Sending Books to Devices), rather than its default "manual management". I never disconnected my reader without removing it safely from within Calibre, so that was not the cause for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
I tried this method multiple times to fix the error, but it kept returning with the same error after the reboot.

I finally fixed it by uninstalling eBookLauncher (version 0.1.1.04).
To do this, go to Total Commander > Installed Apps > eBookLauncher > Uninstall

I have since reinstalled eBookLauncher, with my calibre settings set as "manual management" and have not had the same problem since.

Hope this helps someone!
gr1mr34p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:42 AM   #223
gr1mr34p3r
gr1mr34p3r began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspaceman View Post
Any features you'd like to see?
Would it be possible to add some functions which marks a selected book as "Unread" and "Read"? ie, so it takes the book out of the "currently reading" section.

And is there a way to exit the app completely? ie a button on screen somewhere (rather than the physical buttons) which will close it and go back to the original firmware.
gr1mr34p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:28 PM   #224
Live2Read
Live2Read shares his or her toysLive2Read shares his or her toysLive2Read shares his or her toysLive2Read shares his or her toysLive2Read shares his or her toysLive2Read shares his or her toysLive2Read shares his or her toysLive2Read shares his or her toysLive2Read shares his or her toysLive2Read shares his or her toysLive2Read shares his or her toys

Device: Rooted Sony PRS-T1 w/ Alternate Home Screen; iPhone 4s (Audiobooks)
Hello - I recently installed this alternate home screen and boy, do I love it. Thanks, Smart People!

I know the thread isn't very active anymore, but maybe someone knows the answer to this thing I'm wondering about: in the books list, I have books sorted by file name, so that when I open a series collection the books are listed in series order. When I mark a series collection to be included as one of the home screen collections, the books are listed in apparently random order.

Is there a setting I'm missing that controls how the home screen collections carousels are sorted?
Live2Read is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:55 AM   #225
Rinoceros
Rinoceros began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and T2
If I get the error message of the books.db I just reinstall the ebookreader software.
No need for uninstalling.

Would be nice if the Find function will start to work. Especially useful if you have an extra SD-card with tons of books installed.

Thanks Andy I am using your software on a daily base!
Rinoceros is offline   Reply With Quote