Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old Yesterday, 10:27 AM   #1306
Catlady
Wizard
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook Lite, Libre Color
I was happy to find that Shirley Jackson's two hilarious books about her family--Life Among the Savages and Raising Demons--have recently been released as audiobooks. Both are narrated by Lesa Lockford.

I listened to the first and am partway through the second volume, and I'm enjoying them immensely, even to the point of laughing out loud. Lockford's narration is OK, but there's a bit of a disconnect with the voice in my head from previous readings of these books. I think she does especially well with the children's dialog.

It looks like there's been a push over the last few years to get all of Shirley Jackson's books rereleased (there's even a new posthumous collection due out soon), so I'm hopeful more audiobooks will follow.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:13 PM   #1307
CRussel
Grand Sorcerer
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage,Kindle PW, Fire HDX 8.9, Fire HD8.9
Good to know, thanks Catlady.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audible, audiobooks, recommendations