Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 03-12-2010, 09:27 AM   #61
digid
digid began at the beginning.

Device: iphone, ipad, kindle 3
Found this on ebay this morning looks like the same device

http://cgi.ebay.com/149-99-Open-E-Bo...c#ht_938wt_843

I sent them a messages asking for more details if they had any.

Dale
digid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:29 AM   #62
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaredr View Post
I checked my tracking this morning and it hasn't updated. Has anyone seen anything past the billing received, as in actual movement of the package?

Ellen
For a day or two my UPS tracking info stated, "Billing information has been sent to UPS.". Then yesterday it stated that no info could be found for that tracking number. Now it again states, "Billing information has been sent to UPS."

Some companies only ship one day a week, so perhaps that is what is going on here. They have sent the info to UPS but UPS has not yet received/picked up the item. That might explain the long delivery times. I just checked the Walgreens site and purchases made today are estimated to be delivered on March 22--10 days out! I think when I ordered mine the estimated delivery date was March 19, so I suspect i will be lucky to get it by the end of next week.

My gut feeling tells me that Delstar is probably a small operation, maybe even just a mom and pop shop.

Last edited by jswinden; 03-12-2010 at 10:37 AM.
Advert
Old 03-12-2010, 10:34 AM   #63
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by digid View Post
http://cgi.ebay.com/149-99-Open-E-Bo...c#ht_938wt_843

I sent them a messages asking for more details if they had any.

Dale
Rather suspicious looking if you ask me. That eBay seller has a store front but only 196 approvals, which is very low for a store front. Possibly someone who ordered 10 units from Walgreens at $99 and is going to sell them at $149. I don't think I would deal with a supposed eBay store that only has 196 approvals.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:12 AM   #64
Katelyn
Addict
Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 360, Iphone 3g, Sony 505, REB1200, GEB1150
I spoke to Walgreen support 2 days ago and my package was sent 3 day select. Still no change to my tracking page but it should arrive Monday if Walgreen's CSR is correct.
----------------------

OK I just called Walgreen Customer support again and was told the order was actually shipped yesterday, not Wednesday. It was probably dated the day before but didn't get into UPS hands until the next day.

It was shipped from an Indiana location and hey, I'm in Indiana!. Since the UPS site hasn't been updated, she doubts it will arrive today but should be here Monday. She did say that these are shipping from the manufacturer, not Walgreen's.

Walgreen's (877)2 50-5823
24 hours a day, 7 days a week

Last edited by Katelyn; 03-12-2010 at 12:25 PM. Reason: update
Katelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 12:36 PM   #65
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katelyn View Post
She did say that these are shipping from the manufacturer, not Walgreen's.
Interesting, another piece of the puzzle. Delstar is the importer and they are located in south Florida. I wonder if they imported the readers then sold them to a company in Indiana which adds the software then sells them via Walgreens? I guess we will find out soon.

EDIT: I justed talked with Walgreens CS and was told my order has just been picked up by UPS so she cannot give me a delivery date yet. So much for their ships in 2 days statement as I purchased mine on Monday!

Last edited by jswinden; 03-12-2010 at 12:45 PM.
Advert
Old 03-12-2010, 01:18 PM   #66
Scott_T
Groupie
Scott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-500, Reb1100(dead)
Mine still says billing info has been sent. Newegg has me spoiled I guess. Remember 20 years ago when it was allow 4-6 weeks for shipping? :P
Scott_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 01:39 PM   #67
RainmanP
RainmanP has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RainmanP has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RainmanP has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle for iPhone
Jack,
If UPS actually picked it up that should be reflected in the UPS tracking system. Once the driver scans it, tracking is updated very quickly.
Regards,
Raymond

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Interesting, another piece of the puzzle. Delstar is the importer and they are located in south Florida. I wonder if they imported the readers then sold them to a company in Indiana which adds the software then sells them via Walgreens? I guess we will find out soon.

EDIT: I justed talked with Walgreens CS and was told my order has just been picked up by UPS so she cannot give me a delivery date yet. So much for their ships in 2 days statement as I purchased mine on Monday!
RainmanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 02:53 PM   #68
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainmanP View Post
Jack,
If UPS actually picked it up that should be reflected in the UPS tracking system. Once the driver scans it, tracking is updated very quickly.
Regards,
Raymond
I just checked and it still says, "Billing information has been sent to UPS. " In the past though, I've noticed that it doesn't update too fast. Usually a few hours after it makes it to the UPS facility and gets processed, then it starts to show up in the system. And sometimes it doesn't show up at all until the next day, at least in my experiences. But that is much better than Fedex and USPS systems!

[EDIT: I just checked the tracking info and it now shows a delivery date of March 16.

This is off topic, but Fry's had the Aluratek Libre on sale for $139.99 so I picked up one this afternoon. I've been checking it out and so far I like the screen a lot better than the Sony PRS300. It doesn't have as many bells and whistles as the 300, but it can read non-DRMed ePub, Mobi, PRC, etc., so it is more versatile as far as formats go. I think it is a keeper and I'll probably sell the Sony. EDIT]

Last edited by jswinden; 03-13-2010 at 12:27 AM.
Old 03-12-2010, 05:44 PM   #69
Highroller
Zealot
Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Jetbook Lite, Slick Er-701
Ok, I broke down and ordered one while it was still on 1/3 off sale. At worst I can return though local Walgreens. All I really had against it was that I bought a jetbook lite in December. This one looks like it has potential to be even better. The price is right for sure. This looks like what I was hoping the ASUS ereader was gonna be like before they got fancy and probably VERY expensive.

Last edited by Highroller; 03-12-2010 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Misspelling
Highroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 08:23 PM   #70
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
Wow highroller.... I saw your 16 posts and thought you were new.... then I saw you joined 11.04 ..... over 5 years! very reserved posting...

This little device continues to be tempting.... but ... unless our first batch of reviewers are able to work me into a lather, I'm passing.............
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:16 PM   #71
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony Xperia Tablet Z, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Lenovo Yoga 8, IPad 3
I feel the same way Bremen. I'm a gadget junkie and there is so much coming out this year, I just don't want to splurge unless I know enough about the device to make it worth the money. I can't wait to see what the early adopters say. My main focus will be screen quality. I'm actually looking at that new Archos 7 Home Tablet. My two sons have the A5IT (Archos 5 Internet Tablet) and I've been playing with their devices. I was impressed with the price of the A7HT (it will be released at $179). It isn't as fast as the A5IT though.

http://www.archos.com/products/ht/in...try=us&lang=en
ColdSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:30 PM   #72
Highroller
Zealot
Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I figure with Walgreens 30 day local return policy the most I stand to lose is the $5 shipping. Yeah I don't make it here that often ) Until recently I only had an Ebookwise 1150 and frankly it very rarely had any problems ) I would still be using it if it took a nice big sd chip vice smartmedia (lol)
Old 03-12-2010, 09:33 PM   #73
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highroller View Post
I figure with Walgreens 30 day local return policy the most I stand to lose is the $5 shipping. Yeah I don't make it here that often ) Until recently I only had an Ebookwise 1150 and frankly it very rarely had any problems ) I would still be using it if it took a nice big sd chip vice smartmedia (lol)
I would double check the policy if I were you. I don't think you can return it if it's been opened.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:35 PM   #74
Scott_T
Groupie
Scott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-500, Reb1100(dead)
Cant return it if its been opened? That'd be the dumbest policy on the planet!
Tracking finally gave me an eta, 3/16

Last edited by Scott_T; 03-12-2010 at 09:41 PM.
Scott_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:38 PM   #75
Highroller
Zealot

Well you know, if you can't return an opened item I am still covered. By the time I get mine there will be enough reviews in here to know if I want to open it or not...