Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 06-11-2009, 05:36 PM   #1
awp
Addict
awp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Atlantis Word Processor - ePub creation tool

Hi everybody!

I thought that you might be interested to know that a new ePub creation tool has been just released. The latest version of Atlantis Word Processor (1.6.4) can convert existing documents (TXT, RTF, DOC, DOCX, etc) to ePub. There is a nice eBook template to design books from a scratch. Please click the following link for details:
http://www.atlantiswordprocessor.com...html/ebook.htm

Maybe some of you will find this information interesting.

Last edited by awp; 05-07-2010 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Switched to a more descriptive thread title
awp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 06:46 PM   #2
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp View Post
Hi everybody!

I thought that you might be interested to know that a new ePub creation tool has been just released. The latest version of Atlantis Word Processor (1.6.4) can convert existing documents (TXT, RTF, DOC, DOCX, etc) to ePub. There is a nice eBook template to design books from a scratch. Please click the following link for details:

And still only $35 registration! I've been using Atlantis for four years now and I gotta say this last update is the best!

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2009, 11:44 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
How well does the ePub output work?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 05:26 PM   #4
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
How well does the ePub output work?
Seems okay. Stanza likes it. Since I don't have any way of checking it out on a Cybook (still got the mobi version), I can't say much more.

Derek
Old 06-14-2009, 08:00 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
Seems okay. Stanza likes it. Since I don't have any way of checking it out on a Cybook (still got the mobi version), I can't say much more.

Derek
Does it generate Mobile ADE compatible content?
Advert
Old 06-14-2009, 08:14 PM   #6
awp
Addict
awp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Its ePub's display correctly in the desktop version of ADE for Windows (http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/).
Mobipocket Reader Desktop (http://www.mobipocket.com/en/Downloa...ailsReader.asp) displays them correctly too.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:33 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Its ePub's display correctly in the desktop version of ADE for Windows (http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/).
Mobipocket Reader Desktop (http://www.mobipocket.com/en/Downloa...ailsReader.asp) displays them correctly too.
But, does it support Mobile ADE? This is important because most eink devices that will be using ADE for ePub will have Mobile ADE and if it doesn't work with Mobile ADE, then it's not going to be useful for most people on MR (IMHO). And In order to work with Mobile ADE, it should generate a warning when an ePub file is not going to work with Mobile ADE. Sony is using Mobile ADE and the German version of the Gen3 is using Mobile ADE and so is the Cool-er using Mobile ADE. So the question remains, does it work with Mobile ADE?
Old 06-14-2009, 10:53 PM   #8
delphidb96
Wizard

Quote:
But, does it support Mobile ADE? This is important because most eink devices that will be using ADE for ePub will have Mobile ADE and if it doesn't work with Mobile ADE, then it's not going to be useful for most people on MR (IMHO). And In order to work with Mobile ADE, it should generate a warning when an ePub file is not going to work with Mobile ADE. Sony is using Mobile ADE and the German version of the Gen3 is using Mobile ADE and so is the Cool-er using Mobile ADE. So the question remains, does it work with Mobile ADE?
Given that I only have a Dell Axim x51v, an iPod Touch (1st Gen but 'jailbroken'), two Cybook Gen 3s, a desktop (WinXP) and a netbook (WinXP, Dell Mini 12), what app can I get to test out ADE? Let me know and I'll do so.

Derek
Old 06-15-2009, 01:46 AM   #9
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E & Sage
Perhaps JSWolf should download the 30-day demo version. Then he can try the program on his own Sony reader. I've already tried the demo myself.
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 04:04 AM   #10
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Hi everybody!

One of the best word-processors out there, I've been using it for years too (I love the typewriter sound option). This is great news
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 04:24 AM   #11
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:

I've just tried the output on a Sony PRS-505 (which I assume is Mobile ADE) and its flawless. This is THE creation tool for epub I'll be using from now on. OH, and bonus it also installs flawlessly under WINE in Linux (Ubuntu 9.04) and Crossover Office 7.02 in OSX.

This is much easier than the eScape plugin for Open Office, and the real bonus is that you get a lightweight, fun word processor into the bargain. Hands down Atlantis have just brought out a game-changer when it comes to creation of ebooks.

EDIT: and here's a link to the trial download of the software http://www.atlantiswordprocessor.com/en/downloads.htm -- could the OP put this link in is first post please?

Last edited by Moejoe; 06-15-2009 at 04:28 AM.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:18 AM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
Given that I only have a Dell Axim x51v, an iPod Touch (1st Gen but 'jailbroken'), two Cybook Gen 3s, a desktop (WinXP) and a netbook (WinXP, Dell Mini 12), what app can I get to test out ADE? Let me know and I'll do so.

Derek
Why not make some ePub books and then have a look at them and see if they might work on Mobile ADE. Or if they can be, post them and then we have have a look and see if they'd work. Mobile ADE has a limit of 300k per flow and a flow is a seperate file. 300k is the uncompressed limit. So if you create a book that's say 500k in size, then each part/chapter should be a seperate file.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:33 AM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

have downloaded the demo and when I get something I want to process, I'll give it an install and a try.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:03 PM   #14
delphidb96
Wizard

Quote:
Why not make some ePub books and then have a look at them and see if they might work on Mobile ADE. Or if they can be, post them and then we have have a look and see if they'd work. Mobile ADE has a limit of 300k per flow and a flow is a seperate file. 300k is the uncompressed limit. So if you create a book that's say 500k in size, then each part/chapter should be a seperate file.

I guess you're not understanding (although I'm happy you've downloaded the demo/trial) what I'm saying. I don't have any ADE readers that I know of, unless Stanza is - but then, I use Stanza to read .pdb ebooks on my iPod Touch... I've not yet gotten to the point of using ePub.

Also, is ADE (isn't that just some form of PDF?) the only thing which is used in an ePub file?

Derek
Old 06-15-2009, 01:44 PM   #15
awp
Addict

Quote:
Mobile ADE has a limit of 300k per flow and a flow is a seperate file. 300k is the uncompressed limit. So if you create a book that's say 500k in size, then each part/chapter should be a seperate file.
If your document contains multiple chapters separated with heading paragraphs, Atlantis Word Processor will generate separate XHTML file for each chapter. The eBook Help topic of Atlantis Word Processor says the following:

Please avoid overlong chapters in your eBooks. Some eBook readers are unable to properly display eBooks with overlong chapters. This is not mandatory, but when a particular chapter in your book has 100,000+ characters, we recommend splitting that chapter into several shorter chapters.

So if you do not have too long chapters in your document, the corresponding XHTML files of your ePub package would not be too big.

Tags
ebook, epub