Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-30-2016, 12:10 AM   #1
berto
berto began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo N905B
Kobo DB wiped after using 2.68

I have a Kobo Touch (N905B). I recently installed Calibre 2.68 and after using it with my Kobo I noticed that the ebook database was wiped. I mean that all books just show up as unread (no books are marked read, no books show progress %, all notes gone, etc). Is there any way to restore?
berto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 01:32 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Unless you have been backing up the database on the device, or otherwise saving the book status, there isn't you can do.

Of course, this shouldn't have happened. Were there any errors when you were connected?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2016, 07:29 AM   #3
berto

OK, thanks.

No, there were no errors reported. Everything seemed perfectly normal. I did not suspect anything was wrong, until I went to read the new book I added and saw that all my book details had been "reset".

Forgot to add, I did do one thing differently. Usually I use Calibre to eject the device, but this time I used Windows. But I did properly eject the device and did not just unplug it.

Last edited by berto; 09-30-2016 at 07:32 AM.
Old 09-30-2016, 09:38 AM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
What f/w release is on the device?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 09:24 PM   #5
berto

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
What f/w release is on the device?
old.

Software Version: 1.9.17 (r37603, 3/16/12)

I intentionally have not updated as I don't want my device reporting home any personal statistics or giving me any fancy-new-and-improved-must-have features that just complicate things.
Advert
Old 09-30-2016, 10:03 PM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berto View Post
old.

Software Version: 1.9.17 (r37603, 3/16/12)

I intentionally have not updated as I don't want my device reporting home any personal statistics or giving me any fancy-new-and-improved-must-have features that just complicate things.
The KoboTouch driver should still work with firmware 1.9.17. But, I rarely test with it. I have made some changes in the driver recently, but I didn't think I would have broken this. If it happens again, can you run calibre in debug mode and post the log. I'll have a look at it, but it won't be until next week.
Old 09-30-2016, 10:10 PM   #7
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
David; I wonder if the change in the drivers to support the new journal mode might have done something?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 10:18 PM   #8
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Those particular changes shouldn't have affected this, but, I have been doing some cleanup. There is code to set the reading status in the 1.9.x firmware. That hasn't changed, but, maybe I messed up the conditions for executing it. I'll have a look at it, but it won't be until late next week.
Old 10-19-2016, 08:20 AM   #9
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

OK, I've found the problem. I restructured some code and messed up how the collections were handled for the pre-shelves/collections firmware. I have fixed this and checked the code in today. It should be in the next release. And I have tested it with my Touch which I reset back to 1.9.17.
Old 10-21-2016, 07:03 PM   #10
berto

Thanks for the fix!

Tags
database problems, kobo touch