Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-03-2012, 06:29 AM   #1
Krittika Goyal
Vox calibre
Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony reader prs700, kobo
[GUI Plugin] Recipe Reader

Create an ebook of recipes from Cooks.com by entering the urls of interest

Main Features
  • Create ebook of Cooks.com recipes
  • Give the ebook a title of your choice
  • Use generated table of contents to go to particular recipe

Change Log
1.0.1 Ensure plugin keeps working with upcoming calibre 2.0 release

Initial release.

Special Notes

Requires calibre version 0.8.58 or later.

Usage
  • Click RecipeReader button
  • Enter a title for the ebook (optional)
  • If you do not enter a title, the title will be the same as that of the first recipe
  • Enter URL of Cooks.com recipe.
  • To enter another URL click "Add another URL" and enter the URL in the field that appears
  • Repeat till you have entered all the URLs you want
  • Click OK

A similar plugin exists for Wikipedia pages. See Wiki Reader at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=183333

To make a donation for this plugin just click the blue donate button on the top right corner of http://calibre-ebook.com/ and include a message saying "the donation is for Krittika Goyal". Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip Recipe Reader.zip (20.5 KB, 171593 views)

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 07-07-2014 at 03:32 AM.
Krittika Goyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:09 AM   #2
Badams007
Badams007 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Aha. Food recipes. My kinda thing. THANK YOU. I am new at ebooks and am in love with Calibre already.
Would it be possible to make an ebook (similar to the Cook's.com recipe ebook--which I haven't tried yet and wonder if I need a subscription to a Cook's site)...but for the wonderful (!!!!) food forum at cooking light?
Here is the main recipe forum url (people share recipes from all kinds of sources, ideas, etc.) : http://community.cookinglight.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8

If this would be possible, I think it would be outstanding and I don't think I'd be normal again for many months.
Badams007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2012, 05:47 AM   #3
Badams007
Badams007 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Reporting back, I used the Recipe plugin briefly (and happily) tonight. Looks good. I am not sure if the photo's show up correctly...I'll have to do more looking/testing. (I've only used it on two recipes so far.) Looked to me like the photo's were off into the margin a bit...so cut off, not full photo. But that might be something on my end... AND I've only looked after converting to mobi and then viewing using calibre viewer.
I can see why the Cooking Light forum (as I had wanted to do ebook from also) would be hard to work with since it is not set up as one recipe per page.

Thanks for making us a RECIPE tool. Recipes are everything!!!!!!!!

UPDATE re PHOTOS: I went back and viewed ebook I made with Recipe Reader and the photos look good. Hope I didn't cause you a heart attack. (It helps to open screen to FULL to see them properly--doh, I'd had it on skinny view earlier, which caused the photos to look cut off. Sorry.)

Last edited by Badams007; 07-10-2012 at 07:20 AM. Reason: updating about Recipe Reader photos
Badams007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:19 AM   #4
Krittika Goyal
Vox calibre
Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I personally love to cook and i hate running to my laptop in the middle of cooking something to double check some step or quantity of an ingredient. So I thought making an ebook of recipes specially before i host a party or something when i cook many things, would be useful. Glad you find it useful too.

I looked at the site you suggested and it is not a simple alteration of this plugin because of the way the website is formatted.
Old 09-15-2012, 12:01 PM   #5
clearlakeoakie
clearlakeoakie doesn't litterclearlakeoakie doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3
Awesome Plugin!

I just had to commend you on an excellent plugin! I absolutely love it!!
I often used "cooks.com" to find recipes, but always had to print a hard copy, which was inconvenient. If I really liked the recipe, I would save the printout, but usually forgot about it, or couldn't find it when I wanted to use it again.
Now, thanks to you, I can make an ebook of a single recipe and transfer it to my Kindle. The recipes that are "keepers", can be merged together, allowing me to build a single and convenient cookbook of my favorites!
I am a loyal Calibre fan, and have made a couple of donations. This plugin really broadens the scope of my simple ebook reader; so, where is you "Paypal Donate Heart"? ...
clearlakeoakie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2012, 12:40 PM   #6
Krittika Goyal
Vox calibre

Actually that is exactly the reason I made it. i used to run to my laptop and back to the kitchen to make something off the cooks.com website.Its really nice to have it on my ereader.
I am Kovids wife and he takes care of the paypal stuff. He already has the system in place.So a donation to calibre at https://www.paypal.com/in/cgi-bin/we...949b2795cb1d7d will be great. thanks. you can put a note that the donation is for me if you like

Last edited by Krittika Goyal; 09-15-2012 at 02:45 PM.
Old 09-15-2012, 03:05 PM   #7
clearlakeoakie
clearlakeoakie doesn't litterclearlakeoakie doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3
For some reason I wasn't able to connect to my Paypal account through your link ... so I made a donation from the Calibre.ebook website. I only wish that I could afford to donate what your software is worth!
clearlakeoakie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 03:30 PM   #8
Krittika Goyal
Vox calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearlakeoakie View Post
For some reason I wasn't able to connect to my Paypal account through your link ... so I made a donation from the Calibre.ebook website. I only wish that I could afford to donate what your software is worth!
Oh sorry the link did not work but i just copied it from the donate button on the calibre-ebook website. thanks a lot. I am just thrilled at the gesture.
Old 05-25-2013, 02:33 PM   #9
mwinterwolf2004
mwinterwolf2004 began at the beginning.

Device: NookColor
Cooking site plugins

Loving the recipe plugin ...

Is there any way to incorporate recipes from Foodnetwork.com or bigoven.com?
mwinterwolf2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:59 AM   #10
Krittika Goyal
Vox calibre

glad you find it useful. I think it should be possible to do it with the sites you mentioned. I have not looked at this code in a while so it will take me some time. But i will try to make the plugins for these two as well when I have some time.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:00 AM   #11
Krittika Goyal
Vox calibre

BigOven Recipe Reader

@mwinterwolf2004: Please try it out and let me know if it works well. i dint do much testing. i have attached the one ebook i generated.

I will wait for your feedback before I add it to the calibre list of plugins and open a separate thread for this. Note there is a small advertisement of other boigoven recipes that i found difficult to remove, but hopefuly it wont bother people too much. I will try food network after I hear from you.
Attached Files
File Type: zip BigOven_Recipe_Reader.zip (25.1 KB, 595 views)
File Type: epub something bready [Wed, 29 May 2013] - bigoven.com.epub (98.1 KB, 599 views)

Last edited by Krittika Goyal; 05-29-2013 at 07:09 AM.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:22 AM   #12
mwinterwolf2004
mwinterwolf2004 began at the beginning.

Device: NookColor
Looks like it works great ... Thanks! Cannot wait for others.
mwinterwolf2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:50 PM   #13
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Can wait to try this, but I am wondering if there is a food recipe plugin collaborative or any interest in one. Where you can enter the url from any of multiple sites and create an ebook. I see this one so far and the Food network one, but an AIO would be superb!

Even if every now and then someone may have to submit a new site for someone from the programming collaborative to update the code to include that site. i use multiple recipe sites and blogs and would love to be able to use calibre to save recipes instead of having to manually copy, paste and format the ones I wanted.

I don't know python, but i know other languages and would learn python if it meant creating something like that if lots of people were interested in using.

sorry if this was the wrong place to post this!
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:09 AM   #14
Krittika Goyal
Vox calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby98 View Post
Can wait to try this, but I am wondering if there is a food recipe plugin collaborative or any interest in one. Where you can enter the url from any of multiple sites and create an ebook. I see this one so far and the Food network one, but an AIO would be superb!

Even if every now and then someone may have to submit a new site for someone from the programming collaborative to update the code to include that site. i use multiple recipe sites and blogs and would love to be able to use calibre to save recipes instead of having to manually copy, paste and format the ones I wanted.

I don't know python, but i know other languages and would learn python if it meant creating something like that if lots of people were interested in using.

sorry if this was the wrong place to post this!
ideally i would have liked to do this but I am new to plugins and these are the only ones I have done. So i don't know how difficult it would be. I will look into it. It is something I ahve been meaning to do anyway. If you have some coding expertise feel free to go ahead and try.