Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-05-2012, 05:59 AM   #1
guidancegal67
guidancegal67 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Calibre says books are on device... they aren't!

I have a Kindle Fire (which I love!) and have just begun using Calibre. I added four books to my fire from Calibre, but only two of the books actually showed up on the Fire.

I did all of them the same way. I tired putting the two books on again, but they still don't show up.

Help!
guidancegal67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:18 AM   #2
PaulPosition
Enthusiast
PaulPosition began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
If I recall correctly (I'm not a Kindle user), books that come from Amazon/Kindle stores will go to the books folder (or tag?) of your Kindle but anything that comes from somewhere else (like converted from Calibre) will go to your 'documents' as if it were grocery-notes or such...

Check up on that, ...

(With Calibre, in the Preferences > Output options > Mobi, there's a box with "Personnal doc tag" [pdoc] ... Erase that box and re-convert and the newer .mobi should go to books rather than documents. -- I think anyway)
PaulPosition is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2012, 08:46 PM   #3
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Another thing to do is "Search" for title of author. If it shows up in search, clicking on the search will add it to Carousel. Probably it is in Doc area.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:14 PM   #4
mikehughe5
mikehughe5 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I am using Calibre on my Kindle Version 3 but when I downloaded Calibre I think I wrongly selected a Kindle Version 2. This now seems to result in bad formatting and incorrect letters appearing. Symbols and numbers in place of letters are a regular occurrence. Have tried to update but after un installing and trying to re-instal the system always refreshes my previous data and I suspect that I continue to get the Version 2 programme. Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this but any advice greatly appreciated.
mikehughe5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:29 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehughe5 View Post
I am using Calibre on my Kindle Version 3 but when I downloaded Calibre I think I wrongly selected a Kindle Version 2. This now seems to result in bad formatting and incorrect letters appearing. Symbols and numbers in place of letters are a regular occurrence. Have tried to update but after un installing and trying to re-instal the system always refreshes my previous data and I suspect that I continue to get the Version 2 programme. Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this but any advice greatly appreciated.

No need to uninstall (does not work anyway. User Settings are saved)

Preferences: Run the Welcome Wizard.
Make your choice (again )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2012, 12:05 AM   #6
mikehughe5
mikehughe5 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
No need to uninstall (does not work anyway. User Settings are saved)

Preferences: Run the Welcome Wizard.
Make your choice (again )
Many thanks, that was easy!
mikehughe5 is offline   Reply With Quote