Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-05-2012, 09:02 AM   #1
odin500
odin500 is a marvel to beholdodin500 is a marvel to beholdodin500 is a marvel to beholdodin500 is a marvel to beholdodin500 is a marvel to beholdodin500 is a marvel to beholdodin500 is a marvel to beholdodin500 is a marvel to beholdodin500 is a marvel to beholdodin500 is a marvel to beholdodin500 is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Touch
Any HC Micro SD cards that work on the Kobo Touch?

I've been having quite a few problems with my Kobo touch like:
Booting me back to the homescreen.
Double page turns.
Not Registering presses very well.
Locking up when changing the text.

I have a 4GB kingston micro SD card (class 4) ,and I wanted to know if a faster one or a different brand would help solve those issues?
odin500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:27 AM   #2
lioslaith
Zealot
lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505, Kindle, Kobo Vox/Glo, Nook
My Mum's Kobo touch hasn't had these problems so unfortunately I can't help you there but as for the micro SD card question.

I installed a SanDisk 8GB microSDHC Memory Card (Class 2 speed performance rating) in her reader and side loaded quite a few books (between 50 and 60 in total I think) over that way for her and she's experienced no problem with accessing/reading these titles.

Kobo boots quickly, so does the library/books when accessing them and all the questions you mentioned I asked her and she's had none of these problems herself. I would immediately know to be honest, any problems with techno devices, be they readers or her laptop I get handed over pretty quick to attempt to fix.

Hopefully someone more techno-savvy or whose has experienced/or heard of these problems will be able to help you fix these.
lioslaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2012, 10:22 AM   #3
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
My NeXxTech 4GB class 4 from The Source (ie, a store brand) works fine in my Touch. Only problem with it is, of course, that the Touch is unable to delete stuff off of it, forcing me to do it manually.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:17 PM   #4
SF&F Reader
Groupie
SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kobo Touch, Blackberry Playbook, Samsung Galaxy SII HD LTE
Sounds like you have the same card I have. In my case, my card mostly works but I have had problems. These all seem to be related to badly formated epubs. Still looking into it. . .
SF&F Reader is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo touch, micro sd