Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-01-2010, 12:53 AM   #1
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Angry Reader Store wants my address! But only if I live in the US or Canada.

How do people get around this crap?

I am in Australia with a Sony reader.

I registered at the UK (didn't really work because Australia was not listed as a choice during registration)

So I registered at the US sony site (I think I pretended to be in the US). Now I want to download a book, but it won't let me go any further without providing an address. Easy you say, But it will only let me live in the US or Canada

Every time I look for a book from the Sony Store, I run into problems which is why I have had my reader for 2 months and only bought books from smashwords and google.

Is there a standard fake US address for customers from non-recognised countries to use?

I love my reader, but all this pissing about with Sony is a pain in the arse.

Last edited by SneakySnake; 10-23-2010 at 11:15 PM.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:25 AM   #2
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
http://www.whitepages.com/

City : New York
Last name : Henry (or whatever)

Take any one address and modify the name.
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:16 AM   #3
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDream View Post
http://www.whitepages.com/

City : New York
Last name : Henry (or whatever)

Take any one address and modify the name.
Is that what you have to do to purchase a book at the Sony Store?

Where is the Sony rep MR member?
Old 07-01-2010, 02:25 AM   #4
grega_g
grega_g began at the beginning.

Device: hanlin v3
yup, sony store is easy.

I just put in US city, state and zip code, everything else is false. The name must match credit card ofc.

I provided my real Street name, and form didn't complain.

Bought a book a few days back with no problem from EU

Last edited by grega_g; 07-01-2010 at 02:28 AM.
grega_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:30 PM   #5
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grega_g View Post
yup, sony store is easy.

I just put in US city, state and zip code, everything else is false. The name must match credit card ofc.

I provided my real Street name, and form didn't complain.

Bought a book a few days back with no problem from EU
OK ta! Still seems a bit dishonest though. Maybe I live with my uncle in New York!
Old 07-03-2010, 05:16 PM   #6
Onemack
Groupie
Onemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle P/W, Kobo Aura, Kobo Libre 2, Boyue likebook P10
Yea, thanks heaps guys I have been trying to do this for years but it never worked before, I just bought three books using my Ozzie credit card, However I tried

Amex first: It would not work because my postcode on the CC had to match the address

Visa second it just would not work at all, but would not tell me why

Mastercard third and it went through without a hitch.

I used a genuine mail forwarding address from USA it cost Zilch.

If you want private mail me and I shall give it to you ( the address obviously not the CC), I am just a bit cautious (= paranoid???!)
Onemack is offline   Reply With Quote