Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 05-09-2009, 07:36 PM   #16
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
I am really looking forward to reading this!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:29 PM   #17
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
The big top tent. Is this the Wood's Pandemonium Carnival, the not-so-fun place?
WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 03:41 AM   #18
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
i LOVE the cover and nickname for me, too. some people actually call me basschick in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
Ralph Sir Edward, please. I want to confuse future generations....
why not? you're certainly confusing present ones
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 02:48 PM   #19
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by basschick View Post
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 05:48 PM   #20
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
My Fan Club!!!!
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 05:48 PM   #21
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
My Fan Club!!!!
guilty as charged !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:40 AM   #22
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I don't have a nickname - just a corporate front (Montsnmags Enterprises), but you can call me "montsnmags" in your book if you want.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:58 PM   #23
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by basschick View Post
i LOVE the cover and nickname for me, too. some people actually call me basschick in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
The big top tent. Is this the Wood's Pandemonium Carnival, the not-so-fun place?
WDE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
I am really looking forward to reading this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
I don't have a nickname - just a corporate front (Montsnmags Enterprises), but you can call me "montsnmags" in your book if you want.

Cheers,
Marc
@ShortncuddlyAm - this is just over a week's worth of writing, so it probably won't be anything outstanding (as good as it can be with such a quick deadline) but I hope they give some modicum of entertainment, smiles, tears and fun

@Basschick - done and done

@Wetdogeared - The very same tent from Wood's Pandemonium Carnvial (although the Dandelion is from another story)

@ Montnsmags - done and done (I don't have to pay taxes on this corporate name do I?)

To everyone else, it's definitely going to be Wednesday evening for the release (sorry), lot's on at the moment and not nearly enough time. Now, when is someone going to invent that 100hour day I've been yearning for?
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:14 PM   #24
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
@ Montnsmags - done and done (I don't have to pay taxes on this corporate name do I?)
Are you kidding? What with Montsnmags Enterprises convoluted makeup of shelf companies, subdivisions and subsidiaries you can probably get a tax credit. Allow me to introduce you to my auditing and accounts department (they're the ones shuffling around the office at lunchtime, moaning "Brains!" - supreme at their jobs, but they can be a bit grabby, so keep your distance).

Cheers,
Marc
Old 05-11-2009, 09:46 PM   #25
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Are you kidding? What with Montsnmags Enterprises convoluted makeup of shelf companies, subdivisions and subsidiaries you can probably get a tax credit. Allow me to introduce you to my auditing and accounts department (they're the ones shuffling around the office at lunchtime, moaning "Brains!" - supreme at their jobs, but they can be a bit grabby, so keep your distance).

Cheers,
Marc
I knew some *kind* of accountant would be involved at some point And here's me thinking releasing stories for free would let me avoid all that But at least they're part of Montsnmags Enterprise and there might be some kind of tax credit at the end. Now I feel better
Old 05-11-2009, 09:55 PM   #26
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I knew some *kind* of accountant would be involved at some point And here's me thinking releasing stories for free would let me avoid all that But at least they're part of Montsnmags Enterprise and there might be some kind of tax credit at the end. Now I feel better
Montsnmags Enterprises, Wish Department: Helping People Follow Their Dreams (but not the ones where you fall from a high building and wake up just before you hit the ground - that's another department)
Old 05-12-2009, 10:05 PM   #27
Moejoe
Banned

Looks like it's going to be Thursday now foks (took on too much IRL). I still have Montsmags story to finish and I won't be able to do that tomorrow
Old 05-12-2009, 10:30 PM   #28
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Looks like it's going to be Thursday now foks (took on too much IRL). I still have Montsmags story to finish and I won't be able to do that tomorrow
That's the story of my life.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:44 AM   #29
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
That's the story of my life.

But of you're not finished, there's suprises still to look forward to....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:16 AM   #30
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Oh, and I need to ask a question. How do you all want your dedications? I can do it by nickname, or your real name, or just a first name.
Wow! Just be gone for a few days and it is almost like having to read a whole book just to catch up! Anagrams, a "cat" with a "terrible" dad, psockpuppet pSaturday..... (I'll need a few hours just to read that one).

Can't wait for this new short story collection to be out (just use dreams for me please).

Thanks, Moejoe, (as always) for sharing your writing
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote