Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-10-2012, 08:34 AM   #61
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
While your wandering around in the device sub-tree, check for:
Code:
core2quad ~ $ ls -l /dev/std*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 15 2012-11-07 09:51 /dev/stderr -> /proc/self/fd/2
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 15 2012-11-07 09:51 /dev/stdin -> /proc/self/fd/0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 15 2012-11-07 09:51 /dev/stdout -> /proc/self/fd/1
Those sym-links are required but are sometimes missing.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:37 AM   #62
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Close:
Code:
core2quad ~ $ ls -al /dev/null
crw-rw-rw- 1 root root 1, 3 2012-11-07 09:51 /dev/null
Everybody and anybody may write to /dev/null.
Very true. It was debian that was bitching about it.

Unsure why. I do have a backup "base debian" ext3 that I now flavour with the various things I want and then backup again.

I will check if the /dev/null in the base one is incorrect therefore today.

Thanks very much!
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:42 PM   #63
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

fun With a bit of love this really could be a bright future. I will look at ripping it native and grabbing some sources...

The Vlc complains about the "free" builds lack of support for the libs I pointed baf at. Ideally we would include the route to building them therefore as they are non re-distributable AFAIK.

Quote:
[0x2a4caad8] xcb_xv vout display error: no available XVideo adaptor
[0x2a4caad8] xcb_xv vout display error: no available XVideo adaptor
[swscaler @ 0x2a72c400] No accelerated colorspace conversion found from yuv420p to bgr8.
but all in it was fun seeing a friendly gui. however bug laden
memory consumption would need a weather eye also. it would probably never be "Bulletproof", possibly one day it could achieve "non-explosive, reasonably performant"

Which would do me.

and thumbs up for minitube - shame about the OOTB support.
No perceptual monochrome targets? what were they thinking?
hehehe.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_034.png
Views:	505
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	95978   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_036.png
Views:	524
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	95979   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_037.png
Views:	430
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	95980   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_039.png
Views:	453
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	95981   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_041.png
Views:	461
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	95982   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_042.png
Views:	457
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	95983   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_043.png
Views:	459
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	95984   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_044.png
Views:	437
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	95985   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_045.png
Views:	455
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	95986   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_046.png
Views:	443
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	95987   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_049.png
Views:	422
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	95988   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_050.png
Views:	434
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	95989   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_051.png
Views:	434
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	95990   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_052.png
Views:	441
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	95991   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_054.png
Views:	420
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	95992   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_055.png
Views:	418
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	95993   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_056.png
Views:	436
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	95994  

Last edited by twobob; 11-11-2012 at 09:10 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:26 AM   #64
khseal
Enthusiast
khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle Touch
Exclamation

I have a problem:
I have no name!@kindle:/# /var/lib/dpkg/info/dash.preinst install
/bin/bash: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_GB.utf8)
dpkg-divert: error: parsing file '/var/lib/dpkg/status' near line 1953 package 'adduser':
multiple non-coinstallable package instances present; most probably due to an upgrade from an unofficial dpkg
and
I have no name!@kindle:/# dpkg --configure -a
dpkg: error: parsing file '/var/lib/dpkg/status' near line 1953 package 'adduser':
multiple non-coinstallable package instances present; most probably due to an upgrade from an unofficial dpkg
What am I doing wrong?
khseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:49 AM   #65
khseal
Enthusiast
khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

I'm solved problem and new problem(
I have no name!@kindle:/# export LC_ALL=C LANGUAGE=C LANG=C
Adding 'diversion of /bin/sh to /bin/sh.distrib by dash'
dpkg-divert: error: unable to sync new file '/var/lib/dpkg/diversions-new': Input/output error
and
ln: failed to create symbolic link `/usr/share/man/man1/sh.1.gz.tmp': Read-only file system

Last edited by khseal; 11-14-2012 at 03:00 AM.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:55 AM   #66
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Your filesystem is corrupt, I guess, and went into r/o mode. The error message is pretty self-explanatory. If I had to guess, I'd say you probably rebooted your Kindle without bothering to properly unmount the filesystem you created.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:30 AM   #67
khseal
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
Your filesystem is corrupt, I guess, and went into r/o mode. The error message is pretty self-explanatory. If I had to guess, I'd say you probably rebooted your Kindle without bothering to properly unmount the filesystem you created.
I'm restart kindle all problem solved. Setup GUI interface.
twobob what size you set for the Kindle Touch?
Xephyr :1 -title "L:A_N:application_ID:xephyr" -screen ??x?? -cc 4 -dpi 180
Old 11-14-2012, 07:15 AM   #68
twobob

Spoiler:
Assuming you are allowing for the "status" toolbox (it's about 30 high)

Portrait: Xephyr :1 -title "L:A_N:application_ID:xephyr" -screen 600x770 -cc 4 -dpi 135 &

Landscape:

Xephyr :1 -title "L:A_N:application_ID:xephyr_O:R" -screen 800x569 -cc 4 -dpi 135 &

If you prefer your "status" toolbox removed (I need it for the space hungry audio apps)
increase the above sizes by 30 and:

wmctrl -r L:A_N:titleBar_ID:system -e '0,0,0,<width | height>,1';
Like:
wmctrl -r L:A_N:titleBar_ID:system -e '0,0,0,800,1'

and wmctrl -r L:A_N:titleBar_ID:system -e '0,0,0,800,30'
to reset...

EDIT:
Xephyr :1 -title "L:A_N:application_ID:xephyr_PC:N" -screen 600x800 -cc 4 -dpi 155 &

and

Xephyr :1 -title "L:A_N:application_ID:xephyr_O:R_PC:N" -screen 800x600 -cc 4 -dpi 155 &

Hope that helps. you can play with the dpi as you wish.

Last edited by twobob; 11-15-2012 at 10:43 AM.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:55 AM   #69
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
If you prefer your "status" toolbox removed (I need it for the space hungry audio apps)
increase the above sizes by 30 and:

wmctrl -r L:A_N:titleBar_ID:system -e '0,0,0,<width | height>,1';
You should be able to hide status bar by setting PC argument in the title to N.
"L:A_N:application_ID:xephyr_PC:N"
baf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:04 AM   #70
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by baf View Post
You should be able to hide status bar by setting PC argument in the title to N.
"L:A_N:application_ID:xephyr_PC:N"

Okay. That's it. I'm reading the lua config again!

Thanks baf

so:

Xephyr :1 -title "L:A_N:application_ID:xephyr_PC:N" -screen 600x800 -cc 4 -dpi 155 &

and

Xephyr :1 -title "L:A_N:application_ID:xephyr_O:R_PC:N" -screen 800x600 -cc 4 -dpi 155 &

(you can play with the DPI)

Last edited by twobob; 11-14-2012 at 10:08 AM.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:52 PM   #71
khseal
Enthusiast

Thanks for the size =) I think need reduce the size of images interface.
You have a working sound in Debian? How to install Gajim?
Quote:
cube:30300): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixmap",

(cube:30300): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixmap",

(cube:30300): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixmap",

I also have these issues and many others. You correct these errors?
My errors:
Quote:
_XSERVTransSocketOpenCOTSServer: Unable to open socket for inet6
_XSERVTransOpen: transport open failed for inet6/kindle:1
_XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: failed to open listener for inet6
[dix] Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/X11/cyrillic, removing from list!
[dix] Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi/:unscaled, removing from list!
[dix] Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi/:unscaled, removing from list!
[dix] Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/X11/Type1, removing from list!
[dix] Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi, removing from list!
[dix] Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi, removing from list!
[dix] Could not init font path element /var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType, removing from list!
/usr/bin/start-x: line 6: /etc/init.d/dbus: No such file or directory
wm_set_cursor_visibility: visible using XCreateFontCursor

(matchbox-desktop:2627): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixmap",

(matchbox-panel:2629): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixmap",

(matchbox-desktop:2627): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixmap",

(matchbox-panel:2629): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixmap",

process 2629: D-Bus library appears to be incorrectly set up; failed to read machine uuid: Failed to open "/etc/machine-id": No such file or directory
See the manual page for dbus-uuidgen to correct this issue.

** (matchbox-panel:2629): WARNING **: Cannot connect to DBus: /usr/bin/dbus-launch terminated abnormally without any error message

(matchbox-desktop:2627): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_type_class_add_private: assertion `private_size > 0' failed
process 2629: D-Bus library appears to be incorrectly set up; failed to read machine uuid: Failed to open "/etc/machine-id": No such file or directory
See the manual page for dbus-uuidgen to correct this issue.
Cannot get DBus connection: /usr/bin/dbus-launch terminated abnormally without any error message

(matchbox-desktop:2627): Gtk-WARNING **: Could not find the icon 'MidnightCommander'. The 'hicolor' theme
was not found either, perhaps you need to install it.
You can get a copy from:
http://icon-theme.freedesktop.org/releases
How to remove the extra sections in the menu(Internet, System tools...)?
I want to leave the two sections of the game and the program...
About what the status bar you say? I do not see (

Last edited by khseal; 11-14-2012 at 10:37 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:30 PM   #72
twobob

yeah. include some fonts with +fp or xset or shove some in the path, get an icon for MC. configure dbus if you need. wouldn't worry about the cache warning. from my reading of that it all worked.

Just some tidy up. errors are quite helpful - just need to read up on the various ones - mainly config related is all. wouldn't worry too much
Old 11-14-2012, 11:42 PM   #73
khseal
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
yeah. include some fonts with +fp or xset or shove some in the path, get an icon for MC. configure dbus if you need. wouldn't worry about the cache warning. from my reading of that it all worked.

Just some tidy up. errors are quite helpful - just need to read up on the various ones - mainly config related is all. wouldn't worry too much
Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixmap",.

To solve this problem :
apt-get install gtk2-engines-pixbuf

Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/X11/cyrillic, removing from list! and other..

To solve this problem :
apt-get install xfonts-100dpi xfonts-75dpi xfonts-scalable xfonts-cyrillic

How do you configured minitube?

Last edited by khseal; 11-15-2012 at 12:04 AM.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:40 AM   #74
twobob

Hi mate. It was late then I wrote that. apologies for the "read the errors" answer, I only had 30 seconds to reply.

Okay just so we are 100% clear - minitube doesn't run "well". all manner of artefacts, hangs, needs some serious love and patience just to play the most basic of clips "badly".

I had completely wiped my debian in readiness for the next set of tests but given your question I will run minitube back in and have another look what exactly I did.

apologies for not being a bit more forthcoming last night as I say time was short.

So - To recap:

It REALLY needs so eink target love it is ever going to run without horror-story graphics. How are you at maths? GM and Hawhill have both posted solutions to the issue - one of which (or something similar) - needs integrating in the minitube build.

Last edited by twobob; 11-15-2012 at 08:49 AM. Reason: recap
Old 11-15-2012, 08:43 AM   #75
dos1
20% cooler.
dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by khseal View Post
How to remove the extra sections in the menu(Internet, System tools...)?
I want to leave the two sections of the game and the program...
About what the status bar you say? I do not see (
AFAIR they live in /usr/share/matchbox/vfolder
I can't check it right now, so there may be some small difference, but I hope you'll find it

More info: https://matchbox-project.org/documen...mbdesktop.html

BTW. My compilation of matchbox-desktop is hacked to not include entries from Game directory in Applications one, which otherwise would contain all available entries. Remember that while creating your own folders
dos1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
debian, kindle, paperwhite