Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-14-2012, 09:38 AM   #1
marwer
marwer began at the beginning.

Device: irex iliad, kindle dx
vsftpd

dear all,

i was looking for a way to transfer wireless my files. Now i saw that there is a vsftpd and start stop scripts in the firmware update files. Did anybody try to use this already?
What would be the way to start start_vsftpd.sh in /usr/bin ?
marwer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:00 AM   #2
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
You may check this link .
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:26 PM   #3
janek
Groupie
janek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Boox m92
Thanks, this ftp server works great!
janek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:13 PM   #4
marwer
marwer began at the beginning.

Device: irex iliad, kindle dx
Thanks to pkbo for pointing to a solution and providing the link!! Only now i had time to try this out myself. It works even with firmware 1.6 20120105.
Drawbacks i see is that the rights to write + anonymous access might not be suitable for everybody.
I wonder why they did not make this available by default. Maybe it has still some problems, but until known i did not notice anything.

Last edited by marwer; 03-15-2012 at 05:22 PM.
marwer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:16 PM   #5
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by marwer View Post
...I wonder why they did not make this available by default. Maybe it has still some problems, but until known i did not notice anything.
Does it use anonymous login with write privileges? If so, then anyone on the same network can log in and fool with your files.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:15 AM   #6
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Yes, it does, anonymous gets full access to the internal flash memory. I guess they need to provide some security options before making it available by default.
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:46 AM   #7
janek
Groupie
janek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
Does it use anonymous login with write privileges? If so, then anyone on the same network can log in and fool with your files.
True, this is a serious security drawback, but still the server doesn't run as a deamon. You need to start it manually and then close the app before reading anything, so there's a minimal window for anyone to log in.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:13 PM   #8
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by janek View Post
True, this is a serious security drawback, but still the server doesn't run as a deamon. You need to start it manually and then close the app before reading anything, so there's a minimal window for anyone to log in.
I would probably risk it, as well, but I was addressing the question of why Onyx didn't provide it by default. They would open themselves up to all kinds of grief over the security issue. The current situation seems to be a pretty good compromise.

Edit: It looks like the secure_email_list_enable option in vsftpd.conf can be used to enable passwords for anonymous logins (in the /etc/vsftpd.email_passwords file).

Last edited by rkomar; 03-16-2012 at 02:21 PM.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:19 AM   #9
por
Groupie
por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: ONYX M96
Dropbox works ok if accessed from the browser of the M92, then you can upload or download files from the dropbox folder on your computer.

(Update) No, sorry uploading actually didn't work for me

Last edited by por; 03-17-2012 at 02:13 PM.
por is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:58 PM   #10
Lespaul
Enthusiast
Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
HI, has anyone stored the file for the ftp server? I made an firmware upgrade and now my program is gone.

i liked it but sadly the file isn't hosted here http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewt...er=asc&start=0
anymore.
Lespaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:22 AM   #11
janek
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lespaul View Post
HI, has anyone stored the file for the ftp server? I made an firmware upgrade and now my program is gone.

i liked it but sadly the file isn't hosted here http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewt...er=asc&start=0
anymore.
Here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...86&postcount=5
Old 01-07-2013, 10:25 AM   #12
Lespaul
Enthusiast
Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
thx a lot
Lespaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:10 AM   #13
rogerpiano
Connoisseur
rogerpiano began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 650, Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox Max2
Hello to all. I installed ftp.zip and working properly with Windows 7. I did not understand, however, how do you set the sd card to receive files from PC. Would, I think, the file "sd_mount.zip" but I can not download it, and also the installation procedure is not clear to me.

Sorry for automatic translation
rogerpiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:56 AM   #14
janek
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpiano View Post
Hello to all. I installed ftp.zip and working properly with Windows 7. I did not understand, however, how do you set the sd card to receive files from PC. Would, I think, the file "sd_mount.zip" but I can not download it, and also the installation procedure is not clear to me.

Sorry for automatic translation
It looks like one can't use sd card with ftp server. At least I couldn't figure a way how to do that.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:03 AM   #15
rogerpiano
Connoisseur
rogerpiano began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 650, Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox Max2
In Russian site in link there is a procedure where it says to download the file "sd_mount.zip" to install it and follow the instructions, but I did not understand the procedure and I can not download the file.

link: http://translate.google.com/translat...D23150&act=url
rogerpiano is offline   Reply With Quote