Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 09-13-2011, 05:00 PM   #1
TdeV
Dabbler
TdeV began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Reject:Lenovo 8.1 tablet Old: Colour Nook, HP Touchpad
How to clean out Nook?

I began my Nook life using B&N for download and then discovered Calibre. I now download everything to Calibre and uploaded books via USB to my Nook. However, 'm tired of the multiple items on the Nook (left over from when I used wifi to download from B&N site). How do I remove *every* book from the Nook?

Thanks.
TdeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:34 AM   #2
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Connect it to a computer and delete them through explorer.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:37 AM   #3
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
Connect it to a computer and delete them through explorer.
On the new partitioning scheme, that's not possible because downloaded content is hidden when mounting the device.

So, the 2 options you would have are to archive the items and do a library sync, or do a master clear and start all over.

If it is rooted however, you can use a File Explorer on the device to access the data. You may have issues with permissions though, so Root Explorer may be the only option here.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 12:58 PM   #4
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Okay...since I've always had access to it I didn't know they changed something. I did hear that if you archive something then it doesn't delete from you Nook though. Maybe they changed that too?
Old 09-14-2011, 01:41 PM   #5
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
Okay...since I've always had access to it I didn't know they changed something. I did hear that if you archive something then it doesn't delete from you Nook though. Maybe they changed that too?
Just tried unarchiving a book. Now shows it in the library with a "Download" button. So, yes. Archiving deletes the book from the nook.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 01:49 PM   #6
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I think that what jhemple24 means is that after archive the book will not be showing in your main library. However, it may still be physically located on the device memory in that hidden partition. I remember reading similar posts too. The posts may have been related to the Nook Classic. People wondering why they had no storage space still even after archiving.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 01:58 PM   #7
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Hmm.. I don't think so. The book I unarchived was one that *had* been downloaded by WiFi and then archived. Doesn't make sense to have to re-download if it's already on the partition. And this is with the Nook Touch.

Last edited by jgaiser; 09-14-2011 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Edit: And I just noticed that this was about Nook Color. Doh!
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:34 PM   #8
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
Hmm.. I don't think so. The book I unarchived was one that *had* been downloaded by WiFi and then archived. Doesn't make sense to have to re-download if it's already on the partition. And this is with the Nook Touch.
I think you are correct, it is also my understanding that when you archive a book, it is deleted from the device. It is still present in the database (so it shows the cover in the Library and you can re-download it), but it is no longer on the device.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:23 PM   #9
jhempel24
Wizard

I think this might be a new firmware feature (possible in the last two updates), when I archived in the beginning, it did NOT get rid of the books, I had to manually delete them.

Good to know that it does delete them now though, I was about to clean it out after archiving all my books when switching to Mantano Reader instead of Stock.